• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Took the grocery getter to truckhaven this weekend

Boudroux

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Since buying my first XJ six months ago she has been on hunting duty so I've not seen much more than dirt roads, nothing to challenging.

A buddy and I took our kids this past weekend to Truckhaven and had a blast. I was very surprised at what I got my rig through with only 3.5" of lift and 31's. At first it took some coaxing from my buddy because some of those ditches have rollers that were as high as my hood and it didn't look like I had a chance in hell of making it. After making it through the first couple of those it was game on.

This jeep is the best thing I've ever spent money on. I am going to have to cut out my rocker panels and replace them now but that was on the list anyways. Note to self, with my current set up if a rock is taller than my knees go around it.

Also, it was warm so I ran the air the whole time and my temp. gauge stayed at 210 the entire time. I seem to remember reading that it should be a hair lower than that. If I can wheel all day with the air on at 210 am I in good shape or should I look to lower that?

oof. they have a shot for that, but its only approved in germany.

cherpes? Is that the sound a couple hemorrhoids make when being smoshed as you are puckering up because a rock just folded in your mirror and your door panel is next?

Have any pics? I was out at Arroyo Salado campground this weekend and did some wheeling in the area. Lots of fun spots to hit up.

Have any pics? I was out at Arroyo Salado campground this weekend and did some wheeling in the area. Lots of fun spots to hit up.

Negative on the pics. All the real challenging stuff we did was at night. The day was spent messing around camp so all our boys could ride their dirtbikes. We did go to the training center so my buddy could play around. He has a really built jeep and tried to stuff it through one of the slot things there. Backing it out was fun.

Back