• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Fram or Not to Fram

I have a 2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins, and as stated by Cummins the use of a Fram oil filter Voids all Warranty. Thats enough reason for me to steer clear of them.

I used Fram until I had the gasket on one fail. It was on for about a month and the rubber gasket just cracked. It sprayed the underside of my wife's Subaru and was a mess to clean up (this was one of their Tough Guard ones btw). I'm using Pure 1 now.

Mobil 1 filter used in the Ford 5.0 is your best buy and quality. Plus it is an oversized filter for the 4.0. Just make sure your filter threads on the engine are NOT the metric type. Mopar makes an upgrade kit for this. Can't remember the years. Here is a very good write up from Madxj http://www.madxj.com click TECHNICAL on far left screen,click on ENGINE then scroll down to OIL FILTER UPGRADES.

At this moment i am still using the Fram TG16, but i'm going to use the oversized filter next time. AC Delco filter PF2 is also a very good filter. A little cheaper than the M1-301 Filter.

Back