• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Trackbar zerk

whatever

NAXJA Forum User
So brown santa just dropped off my new TNT trackbar and i love it, bracket and the bar itself are beef. Great product so far with out actually putting it on yet. And it came powdercoated so that was cool since it was advertised as coming raw.

Quick question for those who have one though, when the SF joint is mounted in the bracket my zerk fitting is hanging down. Are they all like this or is the sleeve on mine welded on the wrong way. Seems like it would be smarter to put the fitting on the top just for protection. I mean I know its up there pretty far out of the way but if it there is room for it to be accessed from the top of the joint why not put it there

Otherwise awesome product, and no other complaints so far.

how often do you drag the top of your tracbar over rocks?

I dont.. My thoughts were leaning more toward stuff coming up and hitting it. Shit happens. I dont plan on breaking 95% of the shit I break when I go out to wheel, but that doesnt mean it doesnt break. It would be just as easy to service the joint if it was at the top, and you get the extras peace of mind that the fitting is out of the way.

i run the tnt, as far as i know, that area would be impossible to reach, especially for me (run a brace up there to the top of the bracket).

you could plug it after greasing.

I would just put it in and not worry about it. I have the same trac bar but with a truss. If you are hitting that zerk fitting you have way more problems than just the zerk fitting being stripped off

Can't say it's out of the realm of possibility to hit the zerk, but its gonna be pretty rare. Don't worry about it.

On the off chance you do hit it, take it out with pliers and screw a new one in. The zerks on my frame side LCA joints are on the bottom and got scraped off on my last run. New ones are like $2 for the pair at Lowes.

i run the tnt, as far as i know, that area would be impossible to reach, especially for me (run a brace up there to the top of the bracket).

you could plug it after greasing.

yeah yeah I knew you ran one. a lot of what you said about it is a reason I got it. i'll prob just leave the zerk in it and fix as needed, I just wanted to make sure the sleeve wasn't on wrong.

i've got it all mounted up now and could be happierwith it.... do you happen to have any pics of the brace you have

Just remove the zerk if it bothers you so much. Plug it with a cap or some RTV with a piece of fishing line inserted. When it dries you can just pull it out with the line. There are countless ways to avoid worrying about this sort of thing. One excellent way is to drink excessively. The other is to look at naked women as often as possible.

Back