• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flairs... again, need some advice

flares037.jpg

flares041.jpg

back007.jpg

back002.jpg

I cut my rear flare and took about 2 inches out of the middle then pop rivited them back together then rolled them with herculiner.

southernoregonxjer said:
I cut my rear flare and took about 2 inches out of the middle then pop rivited them back together then rolled them with herculiner.

I NEVER would have believed that would even work, much less look right...

Bravo...

where did you guys buy all four rear tj flares, I know appalachianXJ said he got all 4 for 60 bucks that sounds like a sweet deal and it looks awesome, If I can find 4 rear TJ flares for that cheap I think I'll go that route instead of bushwackers.

how's your pinch seam now?
flares037.jpg

I used 1/4 inch self-tappers and trimmed the inside of the flare to match the wheel opening. I traced a line on the mounting surface 7/8 inch from the edge all the way around and drilled mounting holes every 6 inches. Mount the flare on the jeep where you want it with masking tape and take a shortened pencil and mark the holes. Drill and install your screws. You'll have to trim the flare for the part of the body that angles out at the rocker.

Up front there is a ridge of sheetmetal that has welds on it. It looks as though it holds the inner fender to the engine area, can this be bent or cut?

"massage"? This is a jeep, You make relief cuts(don't cut spot welds)then beat the damn thing back with a "BFH" with some authority till its out of the way. I'm pretty sure it can handle it:D

Relief cuts for the front pinch seem?? You don't need to cut it, just bend it over and seal it with some tub and tile caulk to keep the water out from behind it.

ponyracer1 said:
Relief cuts for the front pinch seem?? You don't need to cut it, just bend it over and seal it with some tub and tile caulk to keep the water out from behind it.

Yes, relief cuts, You get the pinch seam flatter without comprimising the rest of the wheel well or putting any un-needed stress there. You only need about three in the longest portion.

This seems right I'll try it. The longer the thing sits there without flairs the more I'm thinking of keeping it that way.

where can you buy 4 rear TJ flares I've been wanting to do this mod but thats whats holding me back, AppalachianXJ said he got all 4 of his for 60 bucks, is their like an oem dealer that sells this stuff cheap or what, no junkyards around my neck of the woods have jeep stuff let alone newer TJ stuff.

CV95XJ said:
where can you buy 4 rear TJ flares I've been wanting to do this mod but thats whats holding me back, AppalachianXJ said he got all 4 of his for 60 bucks, is their like an oem dealer that sells this stuff cheap or what, no junkyards around my neck of the woods have jeep stuff let alone newer TJ stuff.

Collins Bros. in Texas will sell them for $80 shipped for four rears, but they're used (I was painting mine, so I didn't care)...

southernoregonxjer said:
flares037.jpg

flares041.jpg

back007.jpg

back002.jpg

I like that. Was it hard to hide the seam with herculiner?

Back