• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires: should I take this deal?

I will need gears for the 35 if I'm going to have both axles geared the same...

...think about it.

Who's the best person to call about gears?

tayman said:

...think about it.

Nope. No thinking required. It's a waste to put any money into the D35.
Wait until you swap in the 8.8...

tayman said:

Personal preference.
I got mine (Precision / Alloy USA) from Dave @ Northridge4x4.

tayman said:

...think about it.

why do you need to spend money on 2 rear axles? :dunno: just do the 8.8 and junk the 35!

somebody already did!!! (read...)

...and what am I going to do to the front on a tight budget? a waggy 44 isn't going to be cheap, and anything else won't be either... I know the D30 is a piece of crap, but the D35 tends to hold up better. Not everybody can afford D60's and coilovers like you RCman...

the d30 front is not a terrible axle. its not the best, but the d35 is complete garbage. mines on 31"s and i dont know how many trail runs i have left on it. i have really bad noises commin from the carrier.

yeah, I've already broken something in an LSD D35 on small 31's... they're really more like 29"...

oops, just noticed that I switched the names of the axles before...

the 35 is crap... the 30 is OK.

tayman said:
somebody already did!!! (read...)

...and what am I going to do to the front on a tight budget? a waggy 44 isn't going to be cheap, and anything else won't be either... I know the D30 is a piece of crap, but the D35 tends to hold up better. Not everybody can afford D60's and coilovers like you RCman...

tayman said:
oops, just noticed that I switched the names of the axles before...

the 35 is crap... the 30 is OK.
Alright, looks like you were corrected on the D30 vs D35 issue.
Secondly, I'm no sure what you comment about my D60s was for, but I'm willing to bet I'm on and even more limited budget. :) I'll take it as just poking fun for now and continue to help, if it was otherwise, tell me and I'll stop.

If I was you here's how I'd finish up your choices:
- Stay the way you are now while finding and prepping an 8.8 to go under the vehicle. Then buy tires and swap everything all at once.
Two ways to go with that:
1) Find one with 4.10s and gear the D30 to match and run 33s. Not optimal, but it does work and can be down very cheap.
2) Re-gear the 8.8 and the D30 to whatever you want and run whatever tire. More expensive, but better results depending on how you want to do.

RCman said:
Alright, looks like you were corrected on the D30 vs D35 issue.

If I was you here's how I'd finish up your choices:
- Stay the way you are now while finding and prepping an 8.8 to go under the vehicle. Then buy tires and swap everything all at once.
Two ways to go with that:
1) Find one with 4.10s and gear the D30 to match and run 33s. Not optimal, but it does work and can be down very cheap.
2) Re-gear the 8.8 and the D30 to whatever you want and run whatever tire. More expensive, but better results depending on how you want to do.

RCman is right: don't waste your time with the d35.

Save up your money: Pick a rear axle you will be happy with and swap it with gears you will be happy with.

I would've jumped on those claws and saved them till later if I was you, but too late..

Again listen to advise these guys are giving, they've all been around a while, and don't buy cheap crap on eBay; you'll regret it when you get what you pay for, support your :NAXJA: vendors.

Good luck and happy junkyarding

oh, I agree with what's been said... and I have known for some time that the D35 is junk...

I SHOULD've jumped on the claws, but I was too slow...

I think I need to get some tires, and wait till I can do everything I want (including a locker) before I put them on...

I'm no sure what you comment about my D60s was for, but I'm willing to bet I'm on and even more limited budget.

I'm a fresh high school grad, working mostly odd jobs... I don't get much cash flow...

Back