• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tired of Windows Viruses and General Crap?

My laptop pc decided to die, so now I am using my fiance's mac laptop, its sooo much nicer.

Way faster.

thatsbecause Mac OS is based on unix its like the playskool version of unix. not to mention apple controls the hardware so no underpowered macs ever see the light of day. a properly seup PC running linix/unix or windows will run great.

thatsbecause Mac OS is based on unix its like the playskool version of unix. not to mention apple controls the hardware so no underpowered macs ever see the light of day. a properly seup PC running linix/unix or windows will run great.

I also like the fact i can backup my applications folder and if my os dies i can open and run programs from my thumb drive.

I used to do this when i went back and forth between my work and personal Mac with only one license.

Slackware is one of the Distros I am currently tinkering with.
For those media junkies.. and have switched to Linux Distro, Boxee is awesome.
On my main computer I have a "multi" boot setup with XP SP2, Ubuntu, Slackware, the latest Fedora Distro. I mainly use Fedora.

My network is pretty secure. I run a hardware firewall on some POS skt 7 computer and there is also a firewall built into my router. No problems.

Back