• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Type

HIGHOCTANE said:
have you tried either of these tire? the stock wrangler 'all terrain' are BAD BAD in the snow

Nay said:
...BTW, the one issue not addressed yet is snow. Do you drive in the snow on/offroad? If so, take a very hard look at the trxus, which are outstanding snow tires and good in mud and rocks. The MTR has good ratings for snow, too. I've always found the more standard MT's to be a bit frightening on packed snow.

Nay

Sounds like you want a snow tire. Just getting an aggressive tire will not be the solution to snow traction. Swamper TSL's are the very aggressive but suck in the snow. You need a tire with lots of edges or a lot of sipes.

I would listen to Nay on this one. He knows snow driving.

Vug

what other tires would u compare the timberlines with on the rocks by what other tires you have ran or that was under someone elses rig that u wheel with?

kolby

i have ran with, Swampers and BFG MT better than BFG, 90% of Swampers, the times i have ran in mud in Tellico, Blairsville, & URE, they clean very well and throw a clump of mud about the size of a fist on my hood.

Back