• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Rim Package ?

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have good luck with doing this. Buying both and having them mounted and balanced. I was looking at giving 4wheelparts a call but wanted to ask first. I'd like to get a good deal and have them fairly soon. Other option is local tire shop who can get any tire and mount and balance, but I'd need new rims

If you can get a good package deal then why not!? I did a while back and got a set of wheels and tires for my bug for nearly dirt cheap!

I also meant to aks if there are any better places online to who stocks and does package deals.

RyanM said:
I also meant to aks if there are any better places online to who stocks and does package deals.

I got my wheels from rim1.com but I think they just do car wheels... Rusty sells tire wheel packages but I just called to see what he wanted for a trackbar bushing and he wanted 10 bucks for the bushing and 21 bucks for shipping so I'm sure you'd have to sell your jeep to pay the shipping on the wheels and tires...

RyanM said:
For all my big orders, I go though 4WheelParts, mainly because I have a store a few minutes away, most everything else I go though Quadratec.

I used tirepachage.com and got great fast service. Balanced perfect. Shiped from California to a local truck service and they brought them right to the house on a pallet and all wraped in plastic. Very nice and I'm very happy to recomend them!
http://www.tirepackage.com/

I used National Tire and Wheel online a few years ago and they were very reasonably priced and shipped very quickly. They do run specials from time to time so you may want to give them a call and see if there is a special not online. Also they are in Wheeling, WV.
http://www.ntwonline.com/

I use craigslist and just keep putting on take offs. Haven't bought a new tire in probably ten years.

BIgDaddyChia said:
You knwo thats just a subsidurary of 4Wheel parts right.
Thats weird because I had it narrowed down to those two companys and was willing to eat the Colorado tax to get them thru my local 4Wheel parts. Local guy even knew who he was up against but could not get close on price. I bet tire package can get all the same tires that 4 wheel can get. Sure pays to shop. I got 100 off if I bought wheels and tires on top of the great prices.

I got my rubber from Tirerack.com
was super cheap for me up here, shipped on your side of the border and had them installed there. they do rims too, but never checked the selection.

I've done some comparisons and the shipping is the killer IMO. I order from some local off road shops for heavy stuff that comes in on their normal supply truck then hit BJ's or Sams for the tires. An example was my Warn front bumpers for the TJ's, they were $220 ea plus another $35 or so for shipping each. Got it locally for $210 ea, had to pay tax but no shipping.
I bought 5 30" AT/KOs mounted on canyons and they just fit in the XJ for the 60 mile trip home.

RichP said:
I've done some comparisons and the shipping is the killer IMO. I order from some local off road shops for heavy stuff that comes in on their normal supply truck then hit BJ's or Sams for the tires. An example was my Warn front bumpers for the TJ's, they were $220 ea plus another $35 or so for shipping each. Got it locally for $210 ea, had to pay tax but no shipping.
I bought 5 30" AT/KOs mounted on canyons and they just fit in the XJ for the 60 mile trip home.
I was just going to say the same thing. Shipping always seems to be more expensive then tax and local costs.

Also if you can make buddies with a tire guy...usually tire shops can work pretty good deals if they know you.

tirerack shipped my 4 tires (33x10.5) for a total of $578. $70 was shipping, I couldn't complain since 31's 2 years ago were more than that from a local shop.

I have always found a call (even to online stores) never hurts. Getting to know someone, they will often give you a deal one way or another. From discounts on shipping, lower price for less tax, whatever it is, its hard for some people to say no over the phone when you ask them for a reason not to take your money elsewhere.

beakie said:
tirerack shipped my 4 tires (33x10.5) for a total of $578. $70 was shipping, I couldn't complain since 31's 2 years ago were more than that from a local shop.

I have always found a call (even to online stores) never hurts. Getting to know someone, they will often give you a deal one way or another. From discounts on shipping, lower price for less tax, whatever it is, its hard for some people to say no over the phone when you ask them for a reason not to take your money elsewhere.
Do like I did...drive around to all the tire shops until you see a big lifted jeep in their parking lot for a few days. Go in, find the owner. Its a great way to break the ice.

DrMoab said:
Do like I did...drive around to all the tire shops until you see a big lifted jeep in their parking lot for a few days. Go in, find the owner. Its a great way to break the ice.

Nice, around here thats not an option, but will keep it in mind when I move next year.

Now to make sure mine is somewhat respectable by that point.

Stumpalump said:
Thats weird because I had it narrowed down to those two companys and was willing to eat the Colorado tax to get them thru my local 4Wheel parts. Local guy even knew who he was up against but could not get close on price. I bet tire package can get all the same tires that 4 wheel can get. Sure pays to shop. I got 100 off if I bought wheels and tires on top of the great prices.

Well i say that because if u look further down the page it has a link to 4 wheel drive hardware which is owned by 4 wheel parts. Plus the web sites look exactly the same.

Back