• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire opinions for a daily driver in Colorado?

Ok Mike, but to be fair then also try to drive up the same steep hill on an icy road (as in paved) and see which tire does better. Then go on continuous road trips along the same routes and see which tires last longer. I get what you're saying but we're not talking an offroad only tire. In the same regards, take those tires up a steep muddy hill made up of loose dirt. Take them snow bashing, or out to Moab. Different terrains will also make a huge difference.

Ok Mike, but to be fair then also try to drive up the same steep hill on an icy road (as in paved) and see which tire does better. Then go on continuous road trips along the same routes and see which tires last longer. I get what you're saying but we're not talking an offroad only tire. In the same regards, take those tires up a steep muddy hill made up of loose dirt. Take them snow bashing, or out to Moab. Different terrains will also make a huge difference.
Oh I totally agree, You are going to have to make a compromise somewhere. Ask led how much tread is still on those mtrs he has from me. Those went to moab and back, were DD'd and went well over 15k miles. I got them used. and they were still WELL over half tread. The mtrs suck in ice. But the BFG a/t's get blown out by other all terrains for ice and snow traction. The siping in the bfgs is limited and only goes down so far. they get hard and noisy as they wear down. the tread design has zero cleanout. seriously. look at the tires. not a single part of the design functions to help clean out. so for sand snow ice mud leaves whatever, the tires arent designed to unpack and get traction. no, stop arguing, and LOOK at the tire. If you can SHOW me where the design allows for cleanout. ill hush. otherwise ill argue they are in the middle of the road as far as tires are concerned. not against mud terrain, against any other tire. silent armours. duratracs. ATM RF10's. Nittos. the list goes on...

are the bfgs a decent tire. yes. will most people notice the difference? no, they dont drive it hard enough to notice. but they are no where near a great tire

Put me on the BFG A/T band wagon too. Love those tires for multi-surface use. No, I wouldn't run them on my trail rig, but on a Jeep seeing more street time than off-road time? Yeah, no doubt they'd be my first choice. The Goodyear Duratrac would be my second.

My MJ will be getting 3" of lift to fit the 31" BFG KM2's I just picked up for it....... :thumbup:

Good highway manners and clean out well...Get some Boggers...lol , Well they will atleast keep you safe from speeding tickets b/c aything over 55 they shake the fillings out of your teeth .

Back