• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Carrier Latch

MYXJ22 said:
Great job, thats the same latch design used on Detours bumpers, but I think they come with the 1000lb latches. Eitherway you do some great work.

thanks man, appreciate it.

My Durango Carrier has the same style latch. I have found its a good idea to have the extra lock. I had to rebuild mind as it came off of a friends wrecked XJ. The extra protection of the lock pin is a really good idea. My carrier actually came open once after going over a nasty set of railroad tracks, that was interesting lol. It also came open once on the trail when I sat the jeep down on the bumper HARD..really hard my glove box came open and my CD player went into hibernation for a little bit even lol. I loosened the latch a hair and added the locking pin and have never had a problem since. I have never found the latch against the lock as well. Another bonus of drilling a hole in the latch is you can put a pad lock on it for security if you want to.

Back