• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tick, Tick, waiting for BOOM

okay just got off the phone with some people about gettin stroker parts

Pistons - 161.88 (forgot to say 242 so they are from 258 but ill call back)
Rings - 35.54
258 Crank - 211.94 ( year 1990 with rod and main bearings)
Rods - 160.00

Im trying to think of what else im going to need. I dont WANT to put in high test fuel but i also cant drop the big money into getting everything perfect to 9:1. Remember im trying to keep this as easy on the wallet as possible.

would i NEED a new cam?
would i NEED anything else that i cant think of off the top of my head?

I am not milling the head, not boring the motor, no machining at all (no gots $$$) Im litereally going for OEM 4.2 / 4.0 to make a stroker. I have read around but everyone's build is different and i dont care about a bored throttle body yet, or boring, or anything im literally trying to get it back in action for the lowest $$$ and i mean for 500 ish for most parts to stroke i cant complain. I want to cover the basics without blowing up the jeep or my wallet. Anyone?

im doin the driveway motor rebuild haha im just talking NEEDED parts that are actually needed rather than should magnafluxed etc etc im goin ghetto stroker. im at 533 right now for everything listed and im trying to figure out what else i will definatly need without risking blowing the motor (besides testing and machining)

i can get pistons and rings for 200$ so im stickin with them. there is a local place with a used motor but you tell them what you want they always have it. always the same year, 150 compression, no noises, 90k miles. its all crap casue they give you a 30 day warranty. im sure i coulda made my jeep quiet for 30 days so im just goin with pistons an rings. i coulda gotten a 258 crank, rods, cylinders, rings, bearings for 533

Dang. Any idea what caused that kind of failure?

Back