• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

three carseats in an XJ??

hightime81

NAXJA Forum User
Good evening!

Looking at picking up a 94' 4DR Country model this week. does anyone have any experience squeezing 3 car seats in the back?

2 would be the full-size anchorable type, and one would be a booster style. I know that this isn't really an optimal situation, but for only 2 days each week, my wife needs to take 4 kids to pre-K. of course, I need all ideas to be street legal since no one wants to take a chance with children getting injured.

thanks!

Mount one facing rearward in the cargo area?

Many a good time making faces at other cars from the rear seat of a volvo wagon here

I haul all three of ours around in rig. One is in a booster, one in a rearfacing center mount and one in a highback booster. As others have said it is tight, but its doable. Hoping soon to mount some headrests in the seat so I can ditch the highback booster. If you search around there are some threads on here regarding seating for children. Apparently Jeep made a rear anchor that mounted low in the cargo area for tethering your seats. In the 99 + they came standard and were mounted in the ceiling behind the speaker bar. I snagged a few at the junkyard, but in the end never mounted them. XJ's never came equiped with the LATCH system... so. Good luck and happy commute.

Back