• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This weekend, MA/CT/RI area.

CheapXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What's up dudes?

I'm here for 2 weeks.

I got a 2013 ford escape rental w/ the optional insurance.

lets go total it somewhere and then go get chicken @ wrights.

Seriously... It's been WAAAAAAY too long for me.

I'd like to run the a trail near smithfield, RI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn dude. I'm likely heading up there in two weeks (sept 12/13/14). Was gonna head up that saturday morning but could probably take off friday and make that work if needed.

Can't make it before then...but if you're still in the area, I'd love to try and find ya.

And yeah - I get it. Goddamn we've been doing this shit a long time.

its been a while, this weekend most of us will be at fall crawl in nh and then the follow weekend on sat its the great american jeep in ct and that evening it is sam's going away party (where vettboy was talking about)

as far as smithfield i have not been up there in ~10 years as well and i just looked at the google map images for it looks like the power company redid all the poles in that section and laid down a ton of gravel smooth it all out. not sure what the current status is now but we stopped going ~10 years ago when the cops started ticketing people but from looking at the street view images both gates were open and you could see a jk leaving the trail at the north gate

As always, please do not post irresponsible stuff about trails or doing things that are obviously not allowed or respectful (like going around a gate), I mean seriously? It only hurts the entire community.

As always, please do not post irresponsible stuff about trails or doing things that are obviously not allowed or respectful (like going around a gate), I mean seriously? It only hurts the entire community.

i was waiting for this, if someone posts trail stuff in my neck of the woods or on the beach i usually rip them a second butthole.. i'm sure sam will chime in eventually if he is around.

I drive by the main entrance of that trail often. It is essentially a maintained, flat gravel road now for a ways. Gated at the main entrance too. Haven't been to the back entrances in a while so i dont know what that looks like.As soon as it became illegal I haven't touched the place. Its a shame. Was a fun trail system too.

And there is a party at my place in Foster on the 13th. Looks like its going to be at least 1/3 NAXJA guys. Pm me if you will still be around then and would like to come.

Beer, Wiffleball, food, fire, shenanigans, etc.

Hey Ryan what's happening! :pirate1:

SpringChicken023_zpsc7348874.jpg

Huh. Maybe I should check on here more often...

If you are still working on that aw4 swap in the WJ, or anything else similar, feel free to drop on by my work if you're up in Woburn. I'd love to brainstorm a bit about that stuff.

Edit: I'll probably be out at my place in Southbridge this weekend, same open invite if so. Won't be going much of anywhere though.

Holy hell, do you have any of the other pics/videos from that day? Wasn't that the '03 spring chicken run?

I just picked up a shell of a beat up 4x4 4.0 5spd MJ shortbed and I can't wait to get that put back together.

Too many projects and not enough time.

Back