• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This Looks safe!

hmmm im not too sure about that one..

OK, newb question. What looks dangerous about it?
Re-read the description and this didn't make much sense though:
IT IS MACHINED FROM 1.25" SOLID AND HAS 1.25 X 12 THREADING.
The math doesn't work out. Is there something else I don't get?

Edit:
Ok, that one end looks mighty cheesy.

i would imagine if its machined the threads would be cut into the stock, making it 1.25 threading.
but maybe im wrong :dunno:

How do you remove 1.25" of material from 1.25" of material and have anything left to thread to? Best case, you'd end up with a spring looking end with the spiral matching the thread dies, right? :dunno:

How do you remove 1.25" of material from 1.25" of material and have anything left to thread to? Best case, you'd end up with a spring looking end with the spiral matching the thread dies, right? :dunno:

but why do you think you need to remove 1.25" of material?
i would think you would just have to remove the material to make the threads, then the peaks of the threads would be the o.d. of 1.25",
but i havent even finished my coffee yet....:spin1:

then the peaks of the threads would be the o.d. of 1.25"
As would be the o.d. of the 1.25" bar, leaving just the material between the peaks. Ends up looking like a spring; if it holds together.
Still working on some coffee myself. :cheers:

but picture this...
1.25" solid tubing on a lathe.
you need to thread the ends.
so you cut your grooves(12 per ") into it creating....1.25" x 12 thread.
sound right?
if not please explain.

It is either a typeo or an attempt to deceive the would be buyer.

Get a piece of metal, (those of you in an office get a pen or pencil). Measure the outside;... that is the OD. Now screw or attempt to screw another item of the same diameter into it. Now post the results here for the benefit of the rest of us sceptics.

That trac bar is drilled and threaded, that is threads inside the 1.25 steel.
If it was threaded outside and used a sleeve like the OEM drag link then....

Thanks techno. That's what I was getting at; threading the INSIDE of a 1.25" tube (hollowed out bar) with 1.25" FEMALE threads won't work. Picture a 1" o.d. wood dowel. Now try to make a straw out of it by drilling down the long axis with a 1" drill bit.

What is dangerous? The way it attaches to the factory TB bracket? Lokks fine to me. He is on here and looking at becoming a vendor. I'll see what I can find out.

Yeah thats it! It looks a little sketchy to me. :dunno:

Yeah thats it! It looks a little sketchy to me. :dunno:
I take it you have never seen a TRE ripped appart? Nothing there but a plastic bushing and a pressed in shaft. They may be made of other materials but that is what they look like to me. Looks to me like this is stronger because it is welded.

I take it you have never seen a TRE ripped appart? Nothing there but a plastic bushing and a pressed in shaft. They may be made of other materials but that is what they look like to me. Looks to me like this is stronger because it is welded.

Yeah i've seen some broken TRE's and I'm trying to get away from a TRE on the trackbar. It may be perfectly safe its just throwing me off is all.

Back