• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

this is down right awesome

Dang! I can't see YouTube from here :flamemad:

I saw this story on the TV waaaay back before internet. It talked about running marathons and I remember it showed the bike rig. I don't remember seeing anything about swimming, but if the bike rig was for triathalon, then I'm sure the story must have covered that as well. I didn't realize they'd gotten so old. Oh, yeah. I've gotten old too :D

O.K. I admit it. I am officially a wimp now....

Thats awsome!!!
My sister sent that in an e-mail a while back. I remembered seeing it before so i didn't watch it again. I know I am too much of a wimp to have done that.
What an awsome story though.

I hope I can be 1 millionth the dad that guy is....

The words "incredibly impressive" do that story zero justice.

me = :bawl:

Thanks for sharing. That is truly an amazing story of love.

im glad you guys enjoyed it, its very inspirational i wish i could shake that guys hand.

if there were more people like him in this world i could only imagine the great things that could be acomplished.

no matter how tough you are or think you are if this video and article doesnt make you think aabout how precious life is or if this doesnt make your eyes glossy and water up. well you dont have heart. thats got to be the father of the century. thats amazing

def an awesome story...its really amazing to see them in person. several times i've been passed by them in a small local race i used to run in central mass, but its the one team that im honestly glad passed me!

Mike

TheManch said:
def an awesome story...its really amazing to see them in person. several times i've been passed by them in a small local race i used to run in central mass, but its the one team that im honestly glad passed me!

Mike

that is awesome id love to see them in person

ok, so my eyes have cleard up enough to type this now! To know that level of love or devotion is truly devine, and if there were a few more people like that in this world it to would be.

Bryant Gumbel did a story on them on HBO's Real Sports. It was a good story then too. Although watching it, you kind of think to yourself, come on. However, in the interview, they really have something good. His son can communicate fine through his computer. He certainly enjoys being out with his Dad doing that, and his father say he can only do it because of him. His son pushes him during the races and keeps him going. It really changed both of their lives. Good story. Humbling.

Back