• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is a 8.25....right??!!?!??

C-clip D35's have the rubber plug....non C-clip D35's have the threaded one....or that's the way every single one I've see has been.

considering I'm shipping that cover to Joe_Peters on my dime and didn't ask for anything in return you can pay the shipping.

Don't ASSume that all things are done for profit, some of us just like parts to find homes with people that can use/need them.

Ouch....your read the "Bahaha jk" part? wtf? Some people can't take a joke I guess.

C-clip D35's have the rubber plug....non C-clip D35's have the threaded one....or that's the way every single one I've see has been.
I have evidence to the contrary... my '91 MJ with c-clips has a rubber plug in the cover. Good thing too, the only reason it hasn't rusted through yet is the slight diff lube leak.

Ouch....your read the "Bahaha jk" part? wtf? Some people can't take a joke I guess.

your post rubbed me wrong. even as a joke it's kind of rude to assume that I was just trying to sell my crap in a tech post.

for what it's worth I have an excellent sense of humor.

I have evidence to the contrary... my '91 MJ with c-clips has a rubber plug in the cover. Good thing too, the only reason it hasn't rusted through yet is the slight diff lube leak.

I probably have another D35 cover with a threaded plug if you want it. Joe's already got dibs on the first free one.
I got a random box of D35 innards and brake hardware too if anyone wants that. all non-c.

87 "killed a couple D35s" Manche

I probably have another D35 cover with a threaded plug if you want it. Joe's already got dibs on the first free one.

87 "killed a couple D35s" Manche
Nope... I'm fixing this problem by installing an 8.25, thanks though :roflmao:

Already bought it (off MrSimon on here), set up for MJ SOA - and got perches to convert it to MJ SUA, since I am keeping the MJ at stock height. Anyone in the northeast who wants to trade a 29 spline 8.25 set up for MJ SOA in great shape for one set up for anything else in great shape (I'm cutting the mounts off, so it doesn't matter what it's set for), speak up!

I would consider fixing it up but it also needs all new bearings and seals. I refuse to dump that much time/money into a d35 when I am not exactly nice to it and know people who have broken d35s with the same size and smaller tires than I have on it (225s.) Might build a gokart with the d35 and the 2.5L/AX4 I got off a friend, though.

- Ken "hates d35s" Stein

Isn't that what I said? C-clips = Rubber Plug.....Non C-clips = Threaded plug.

I have an '89 that has a Non C-clip D35, and it has a threaded plug.

yeah I was like What?

Dana 35 non c-clip - 27 spline, 1.18" diameter shafts, 7.58" ring gear, 2.62" axle tube, 60.5” WMS - used 84-89

Dana 35 c-clip - 27 spline, 1.18" diameter shafts, 7.58" ring gear, 2.62" axle tube, 60.5” WMS - used 90-01

I have experienced a number of selfless acts of kindness from NAXJA members and I try to do the same for others. 87manche is sending me a free part--on his own nickel for shipping, by the way--and others like MTMike have done the same for me in the past, and I have done the same for other people on NAXJA. This is just one of the things that makes NAXJA great.

And I, too, often make jokes that "miss the mark". Lets not let anything like that get in the way of helping people, Ok?

Sermon over, resume your normal activities.

Last edited:

Apparently I went retarded and forgot how to read. My mistake :dunce:

Apparently I went retarded and forgot how to read. My mistake :dunce:

LOL no worries at all.....I honestly thought I worded it wrong and had to re-read my post! My fingers sometimes don't get along with my brain! :gee:

The flat bottom may not be a dead giveaway on 8.25s that have been shaved (I've gotten hung up on those flanges and had to back up and give it some gas a few times.) The real dead giveaway is on an 8.25, the top and bottom of the cover have straight edges and the edge of the cover has a sort of half-round lip pressed into it. The d35 on the other hand is oval with no straight edges and has no lip pressed into the cover edges.

The flat bottom may not be a dead giveaway on 8.25s that have been shaved (I've gotten hung up on those flanges and had to back up and give it some gas a few times.) The real dead giveaway is on an 8.25, the top and bottom of the cover have straight edges and the edge of the cover has a sort of half-round lip pressed into it. The d35 on the other hand is oval with no straight edges and has no lip pressed into the cover edges.

I've been wanting to shave my bottom for the past couple of years, but never got around to it (that sounds sooo wrong). A shaved bottom, along with my beefy Ruff Stuff diff cover, will confuse many looking to identify my rear end from a distance. :moon:

Back