• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Think I was Scammed... Need Advice...

DIGITRUCK

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Fellas,

Need Advice.

Late Dec I bought some XJ parts from this guy, John who calls himself AVANTEONE on AOL. I did not receive them until the latter part of Jan 06.

I wasn't too thrilled with his turnaround and he took awhile to even email me a UPS Trking #. But parts being hard to come by so I ordered again from him...

On 2/15/06 Weds I emailed him asking if he had some more XJ Parts that I needed namely, an ECU, TCU and F Pass Switch Panel. He claimed he had the ECU and TCU and would ship them to me for $80. So, he said as soon as he received payment via PayPal to his AOL addy he would ship by Fri 2/17/06. I paid immediately on 2/15 Weds. Also agreed upon was that he would notify me of the UPS Trking # upon shipping.

He said no prob make the payment yada yada yada... He said he was sick and couldn't ship Fri 2/17 and didn't even go to work that day and said he would ship 2/20 Mon (a Holiday) so I gave him a day and emailed him Tues, no reply and also Weds, no reply.

It's now 2/26/06 Sun Early AM. Still no Tracking # or Status. Should I contact PayPal and put an end to this or should I wait. All I have is his email to go on but wait, I have his addy on the box he sent last time. What do you think?

btw - Here's his last two emails to me... Dated 2/15/06

"Yeah, paypal to [email protected]

I will try to ship tomorrow but I've been sick and I'm playing catch up right now. I will get the connections coated in di-electric grease.

John"

and Dated 2/18/06

"I didn't go to work at all friday, was sick still. I will ship on Monday. "

Thx, Phil
ps This really gets my goat that scum like this has to be deceitful to get my hard earned cash. If he comes clean I'll retract this but I'm extremely doubtful at this point!

John is a good guy, as a paying member that he is, and that you are not, I wouldn't diss on him too much. And I wouldn't go as far as calling him scum either. Maybe he was sick, maybe not. He also runs his own business, Auburn Car Shop, so he is probably really busy with that. Wouldn't that be your priority if you have a small business? To make those customers happy first, then others?

Just give it some time. It is the weekend, and most hard working people don't bother until Monday. I'll try to get a hold of him and let him know the situation.

No, I highly doubt John would scam anyone. From what I saw at Gearfest we NWers had, he is very willing to lend a helping hand. He let a bunch of guys use his shop to do gear setups and such.

My advice is to wait a few more days. Have you ever been sick? Hits some people harder than others. If no responses, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
Back