• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things learned at WF 07.

1. "Follow Me" could lead to an undesired outcome
2. Its possible to wheel and not break anything....but not as much fun
3. A locker can compensate for bad tires and lack of driving experience
4. Its still possible to wheel and drive 80 home safely
5. Rain can be blamed for my jeep still being in good condition
6. The new truck im looking for just got a bit bigger...and will need to come with a trailer
7. I need to clear up my schedule more to come and hang out with you guys!

Thanks for the good time, even if i only got to drop in for a day! Appreciate all the help and will be seeing you at the next event....which ill be heading over near illinois in the next week or two...........

I learned that I should have had my knee repaired 10 years ago. I'm seeing a doctor on Thursday.

seanR said:
14. When rigging a raffle, make sure the right person wins....

I was thinking about this, the easiest way to do it would be to keep the other half of the raffle ticket you stick in the registration envelope, and write the person's name on the back of it........Don't worry I will still sign the damn thing if Travis will let me. I am just glad I don't have to find a home for it.

Lawn Cher' said:
I learned that I should have had my knee repaired 10 years ago. I'm seeing a doctor on Thursday.

Agreed.
I was worried about you all weekend after the incident.
Let us know what you find out.

Hale

BRIANHO13 said:
I was thinking about this, the easiest way to do it would be to keep the other half of the raffle ticket you stick in the registration envelope, and write the person's name on the back of it........Don't worry I will still sign the damn thing if Travis will let me. I am just glad I don't have to find a home for it.

Oh, you will get to sign it.
Just because Travis ticket was drawn dosent mean he takes it home.......

:D

Hale

I just igured out the mileage on the MJ:
I learned that a 20 year old Jeep can still get 22 MPG on the highway with 800Lbs of stuff in the back.
I also learned that being SUA sucks when there's a stump in the way.

It must've been the bandana......
seanR said:
13. Mo, had the hots for Theresa, I was afraid Matt might have to make the trip back alone!
Case in point....
IMG_1999.JPG

kunaji said:
It must've been the bandana......
Highly doubtful.

Hale

Just because a trail is a breeze in the morning, does not mean it will still be easy in the afternoon, backwards.

Matt in a stock rig, can outwheel most of us in a built rig.

The wrong time to say "it has smelt like gas for a while" is when Rev is already under your rig and has wiped ALL the crap off the gas tank looking for a leak.

I really can wheel rocks.

An easy trail is open to interpretation depending on who said it was easy.

Mrs. Rev really gets religious during certain off camber sections on "easy" trails.

I cannot wheel at Winterfest without losing the retaining pin for my rear tow point.

We are very lucky to have Jeeplas plan dinner.

The cabin really will hold 7 people....and a big puppy.....comfortably.

JCR will deliver and mount a bumper just in time to pass tech.

I look darn good in JUST bibs.

Rev

1. "4wd Recommended" is not the appropriate description for a green trail at Flat Nasty
2. You can wheel a black trail if you turn down it from a yellow one and just go downhill fast.
3. Haleyes can get stuck on a muddy hill climb if 3 rigs dig it out for him first.
4. If you bring your Dad, you win stuff at the raffle. :)
5. Not only does JCR make weiners for you at lunch, they save your rockers when you slam their rails on every rock on Yellow 5.
6. Hearing about Nate's weiner 1000 times this weekend is 999 times too many.
7. SeanR could be a radio disc jockey. He calls a mean raffle.
8. If you want to find out what NAXJA is all about, get out wheeling.
9. If you want to question your sanity, get out wheeling with the MWC.

1: people get rather pissed when mud fly's off of your rig on the highway @ 80 mph , and sticks to their windsheild . :laugh3:

2: mud deflects radar .

3: when revden tells you to just nail it , stop and think for at least a millisecond ( then just do it ) .

4: telling bob " i know " before he says it , could cause a rip in the space / time continuim .

5: tequilla causes karaoke .

Chadd said:
Things I learned the short time we were there,

1. I need skids and sliders!!!

2. A stock XJ will go through a lot more than I thought.

3. My wife doesnt like the sound of metal on rock.. Gonna have to put her in the back and turn on the child locks so she can't get out next time.

4. You guys are a great bunch to hang around with.

5. As mentioned above JCR guys ar top notch, thanks for lunch Friday.

6. 5 guys can pick up the front of a stock XJ to dislodge it from a BFR it should have not been on.

7. Armadillos really can fly.

Thanks for the fun guys. Sorry we didn't come back out on Saturday but we ended up heading home to pic up our daughter from the Grandparents. I didn't think that grocery getter would do well on those wet trails and didn't want to tear it up too much before I get some armor on it.

I was hoping you'd show up Saturday. I even cleaned out the back seat for you and Hedi to ride with us if you wanted to. Oh, well. Hope you weren't too intimidated by the hardcore MWC group. Pretty rough crowd.:D Hope to wheel again with you and Hedi.

Hale

Haleyes said:
I was hoping you'd show up Saturday. I even cleaned out the back seat for Hedi to ride with us if you wanted to. Oh, well. Hope you weren't too intimidated by the hardcore MWC group. Pretty rough crowd.:D Hope to wheel again with Hedi.

Hale

Fixed it.

Rev

Haleyes said:
I was hoping you'd show up Saturday. I even cleaned out the back seat for you and Hedi to ride with us if you wanted to. Oh, well. Hope you weren't too intimidated by the hardcore MWC group. Pretty rough crowd.:D Hope to wheel again with you and Hedi.

Hale

We had a good time and definately want to meet up again sometime. We are already talking about heading back down to Flat Nasty in the near future. Everyone seemed like a great bunch to hang out with, no cold shoulders from anyone.

I wish we wouldn't have had to make our reservations all the way up in Rolla because that did put a cramp on things for us. I do have to admit though the heated pool and hottub were nice Friday night :O)

Wasn't sure if you guys all saw the trail rating system on Flatnasty's web site so I thought I would post it.

Green = Easy trail, 4 wheel Drive recommended :scared:

Yellow = Moderate, 4 wheel Drive, 32" tires, one locker, some experience, possible body damage

Black = Extreme, 4 wheel Drive, 36" tire min, 2 lockers, winch, expert skills, body damage/roll over possible.

Not sure about you guys but the easy trail we ran would be scary with a 2WD.

LOL Heidi and I were on the road to the campground and were trying to decide if we made a wrong turn and were actually on one of the easy trails.. Flat nasty has a little something for everyone though.

I looked over quite a few rigs there and took some notes on what direction I wanna head with the grocery getter. I was worried before hand that a 4.5" lift would be too much but after seeing what you guys had 4.5" doesn't seem all that unreasonable now.

O yeah one other thing I learned at WF.. The front of an XJ can be held up with a toothpick while changing a Front Shaft.

Chadd said:
Black = Extreme, 4 wheel Drive, 36" tire min, 2 lockers, winch, expert skills, body damage/roll over possible.

No wonder I thouoght the Black trails sucked. JIM.

I still suck at karaoke.
Tequilla still tastes good.
Zip ties have many uses:D
Amish can cook one hell of a meal.
Good welding and a chuck of steel can hold a track bar together.
Many many more things to list but the most important I learned is:

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!!!

4ieno8z.jpg

I learned:

-Hitting a big muddy puddle at about 45 with no windsheild rams muddy water down in EVERY part of you...
-Randy isnt a afraid to 'get it' - even in a stocker
-the right seat isnt bad... and sure is a lot cheaper than the left seat :D
-the MWC are still great people - even when you live 1600 miles away :D
-Beer really makes a better MWC campfire... :farmer:
-Busch Lite tastes better the closer you are to St. Louis :eyes:
-Mile Marker Hydraulic winches suck :roflmao:
-Having a crawl ratio looks like fun
-Ron at Flat Nasty is a pretty cool guy, but appears to like off camber trails more than rocks... booo!
-Sonic Drive In can be a staple in a diet, 5 days in a row infact! :rof:

Back