• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

They can't kill the rooster !!!!

DJManche

NAXJA Forum User
Well I'm still around , the state has taken its best swing at trying to ruin someone's life but I'm
still kickin it with a thumb up my azz and they can't stop me .

I am nearly at the end of my legal battles with the state and I've still got my life my boys and

my truck , sorry to say the 92 MJ is not for sale anymore .....:laugh3:

As a matter of fact I just picked up another MJ for my yard and I'm keeping them all ....

MMUUAAHHH ....:scottm: ( In my most evil Dr Evil voice ) .

The Eliminator MJ is an 88" 2 wheel but is already set up for street application with a new D60 rear and a limited slip diff and 456 gears . Trac bars and some nice Cragar wheels .

So the street MJ project is on like Donkey Kong and I'll be burn'n some rubber in their general direction in the real near future . Take that gay boys ...

Thanks to all the supporters and peeps who gave a crap about a guy who few have met .

I even got some time to wheel the 92' at Slaughter house on memorial weekend .
The wife lost the camera but the manche was a champ hanging right with the two JK Rubicons
that I happened two head up with . The 92 had a flawless run with only one JK loosing a brake line half way up the main hill .

I'll post my build pics on my build thread once I have some time .

f'n sweet, DJ. Glad to hear you got the best of the "man"! :cheers:

Some sneak peeks at the Eliminator .
Before ..
DSC02276.jpg

After ..
DSC02290.jpg

Some random shots of things I went through the first day .
DSC02280.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

Things that have been done ...

New radiator and hoses
Wires and plugs
New rear end with limited slip 456's
Wheels and tires
shocks
windshield
Billet steering wheel
two inch trop in the front
drag blocks
New steering and joints
New back glass
New front brakes

Things it needs ...

Rear main seal
New option for a two wheel street trans
Syncro's are about gone but drivable .

Other than that its an all factory 88 Eliminator but runs and drives great with
158,000 on the OD .

cool man, what are the plans?

Lets give it a hundo hit of the juice man!
bet that thing would run some 13's with some tires and spray!

Last edited:
Plans are so far to keep the 4.0L and see what I can get out of it for DD purposes .

So for starters the RMS is terrible and it needs new syncro's for the trans , so I'm looking for a working

AX-5 or anything that will be better for street purposes than the granny gears with 456's .
I am open to any option that will be an improvement over the tired gearbox .

After that maybe some wet shot or maybe a supercharger .

I also have a cowl hood for it that hasn't been installed .

It also has a short somewhere in the ignition , if left sitting for a week the battery will dye

It also has a solid axle D44 with limited slip , witch I thought was a D60 but I misunderstood him when
I bought the truck .

I'm sure the D44 will do just fine for this light of a truck with up to 300 HP .
Here is a pic of the new rear axle .
DSC02273.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

Damn that's a sweet looking Eliminator....... jealous of the A/C too. Fawker.

:D

Is the front suspension lowered at all? I see the lowering block on the rear, just curious how they did it and how much drop?

Do some looking for a 2wd AX15 and then look for the threads here on NAXJA on swapping one in. Not a big deal really, there's a special pilot bearing you need and the part number/source is in a couple of those threads.

Last edited:
There is that white 2wd Manche at UPAP. It's a 4 cylinder though so not sure if the trans is the one you need.
Then there is another 2wd at the Aurora UPAP, that has ground effects on it.
Not sure if the trans is still there or not.
Also I saw 2 2wd Cherokees today. Not sure about the trannys on those either.
Going out again tomorrow, I'll keep a better eye out for you.

I've looked over both of those MJ's

That white MJ is a 4 banger with an AX5. (n)

That red MJ is a 4.0 with a BA10 Peugeot (n) but it is what's left of a rare California dealer edition "Street Comanche"

I understand that the NSG370 6 speed will bolt to the 4.0 and work as long as you relocate the CPS to the front ala AA or Hesco parts. Found some information on JP magazine's web site. Near as I can tell, it looks like the Libby had the trans in the 2wd config. Anyone?

Thank you .

After talking with the repair shop , the master tech told me he won't even rebuild a puke gote trans , strictly AX15 .

Most 2.5 L XJ/MJ's I've seen have either the older Peugot trans or the AX-5 .

So far they quoted me 1,000 bucks to rebuild an AX-15 .

With my future plans of this truck I think the AX-15 is the best option to stick with considering a Supercharger or something in the future .

Back