• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The XJ Experiences

I am running 31's but am moving toward 33's soon and I have the rest of what you are looking for but when you say spare parts just what is the minimum spare parts we would need?

Just the basic parts like u-joints, stub shafts any thing that could possible to break or get damaged on trail.

Yah I totally agree with the pitman arm , and make sure you have LCA skids so you dont rip off an LCA mount, and make sure you dont have any poorly built 3 links where the upper link just falls apart...

rockauto has OEM pitman arms for 21$ + shipping. Stock up on spares. and get a good puller and carry some penetrating oil . also high pressure lines for power steering are a good idea. one thing ive never carried, although i do carry a ton of spares.

This sounds like it could be fun. Maybe my heep could be up to the challenge. I would need to stock up on some spares tho, like at least one stubb shaft and some u-joints.

Ok official dates for run are June 24th thru the 28th. We have Full Flex Offroad doing media they will be filming the event and putting together a DVD or BlueRay. Apps will be ready late Feb with all info and price, which will cover whats included. Also we will be offering hats and shirts for those who come. Hats will be personalized with the year and name of your XJ or user name if you wish. Also this will include your copy of video from event and raffle tickets. There will be a raffle on last night of event. Prizes will be posted as we get them, and no to mention a dash plack for those who attend.

Proceeds will get you a dash plaque, 2 hats, 2 shirts for basic package. Family packages will be available and the rest goes to CORVA, Rubicon Trail Foundation and the Forestry Dept to help cover costs of land management. That is so when snow melts or after storms they can cover costs of checking the trail and willows. Such as water crossings and to be sure there is no wild life or ecology in danger. We are loosing more and more trails due to lack of funding to cover costs. Thank Gov. Jerry Brown for that one and his budget cuts in the wrong places. It dose not just affect us as a off road community but hunters, fishers and wild life people. We all us the same trails to get to where we are going. I hope this helps answer any questions on what your dollar goes to we dont make a dime on this. It is so we can support are trails we use for are enjoyment

Why does every vehicle need a winch? :dunno:

Cant say Ive ever pulled cable on the 'con, but Ive only done it a couple times. On the web, obviously.

the winch part is weird to me honestly, with that many people going straps will be fine.

Proceeds will get you a dash plaque, 2 hats, 2 shirts for basic package. Family packages will be available and the rest goes to CORVA, Rubicon Trail Foundation and the Forestry Dept to help cover costs of land management. That is so when snow melts or after storms they can cover costs of checking the trail and willows. Such as water crossings and to be sure there is no wild life or ecology in danger. We are loosing more and more trails due to lack of funding to cover costs. Thank Gov. Jerry Brown for that one and his budget cuts in the wrong places. It dose not just affect us as a off road community but hunters, fishers and wild life people. We all us the same trails to get to where we are going. I hope this helps answer any questions on what your dollar goes to we dont make a dime on this. It is so we can support are trails we use for are enjoyment

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps you should update all your run threads with this same information to clear up any misconceptions.

Why does every vehicle need a winch? :dunno:

Cant say Ive ever pulled cable on the 'con, but Ive only done it a couple times. On the web, obviously.

the winch part is weird to me honestly, with that many people going straps will be fine.

I agree on this. I would possibly be willing to participate if this was not requirement. A winch is just not on my near future to-buy list.

Back