• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Polls are open!

NAXJA is kinda' like Iraq.
(stew on that for a while...)

The potential for any chapter to take a majority on the BOD wouldn't be in the best interest of the club (or so some think!) Since our chapter is the largest (membership wise) we could 'take over' NAXJA and lean most policies to our liking.....wait.....isn't that a Democracy!

:D

Goatman said:
C'mon guys, I hope to shit that everyone in the SoCal chapter doesn't vote for Brandon simply because he's in the SoCal chapter. I seriously doubt that everyone here read all of the candidate responses and everyone here just happened to conclude that he would make the best director.

We've said over and over again that this should not be a popularity contest. You folks are great, and this is certainly a great chapter........but let's not get carried away.

LOL, actually, that was kind of my first thought, especially the "Go vote for Brendan" remark.

But I support SoCal, and I don't know who those other people are, hehe. I've known Brendan for a while now, he's been around a quite a while, he's hosted an event, and I see him at a lot of events. He's good people, and so is his family. I guess I COULD read what the other people have to say......

Nah!!!! HAHA
:laugh3:

91 Jeep Project said:
Ya'll voted for me? Awww, thanks...................
happyfinger.gif

:thumbup:

For those of you who do not know, being on the BOD is a very painful, tedious, time consuming, thankless sh!t storm of a job. Vote for the person you think WILL stick with it the whole term. Vote for someone who has there own nut sack/brains and isn't afraid to speak their mind, AND tell people when they are wrong (including friends on the BOD!). The last thing this club needs is another person to bail out.

Hey, I'm not telling anyone who to vote for, or who not to vote for, just please make an informed vote. I didn't post this on all chapter forums because I don't frequent all chapter forums. This is my chapter (well, one of my two chapters :)), so you get my shit. :D

cracker said:

For those of you who do not know, being on the BOD is a very painful, tedious, time consuming, thankless sh!t storm of a job. Vote for the person you think WILL stick with it the whole term. Vote for someone who has there own nut sack/brains and isn't afraid to speak their mind, AND tell people when they are wrong (including friends on the BOD!). The last thing this club needs is another person to bail out.

Hmm, if I would have known that, I wouldn't have voted for Brendan, lol. I wouldn't wish a thankless painful tedious time consuming siht storm of a job on him. Some other people maybe! :gag:

Naa, I'd still vote for him. He haz brains. Nut sack, I couldn't vouch. He's got kids so I'm assuming they are his.

Goatman said:
Hey, I'm not telling anyone who to vote for, or who not to vote for, just please make an informed vote. I didn't post this on all chapter forums because I don't frequent all chapter forums. This is my chapter (well, one of my two chapters :)), so you get my shit. :D

Didn't we vote him out of our chapter after he placed a disappointing 7th at the King of the Hammers Race???

I didnt know any of the people personally so i leaned to the side of other active members whose opinion i thought i could trust. I wont make that mistake again, think i'll abstain from voting from now on

WraithKWK said:
I didnt know any of the people personally so i leaned to the side of other active members whose opinion i thought i could trust. I wont make that mistake again, think i'll abstain from voting from now on
With the way NAXJA is setup, I don't think anyone has to know a person personally to be able to choose to vote for them or not. Look at the threads that I posted couple posts above where the candidates talk about themselves. Also you are right: look at what others say about the candidates. That is definatey a valuable way to gather information.

Anyways, I guess the message that Goatman is trying to relay (as well as couple others) is to make as informed decision when you vote as you can instead of going for the "popular" factor :)

cracker said:

Amen the club needs some stability in leadership

Uh. So who am I supposed to vote for??:dunno: :dunce:

corbinafly said:
Uh. So who am I supposed to vote for??:dunno: :dunce:

Abstain is always a safe choice. :doh:

Goatman said:
Abstain is always a safe choice. :doh:

Thanks. I'm glad there's someone here to tell me what to do.;)

well judging by the response here I'd say that quite a few folks haven't voted yet :D So... I urge all SoCal members to look in the members forum and vote for the candidate they feel fits the bill the best.

Back