• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new $5 bill

The cheapest I ever remember gas being here is about $1.50 about 15 years ago when I was 15, pack of Marlboro's was only $2.25, now there both double what they were. The only way i can afford my cig's is because my Porsche gets 25-30mpg's. Wish I was driving that from Oakland up to Medford Oregon! Instead Im shipping the jeep and selling the Porsche. Gas is going to kill me, 4.0/np435/np208 and 3.55's on 35x14 swampers!! Im going to test drive it for a couple of days with the swampers, should be better then my 33x12.5 A/T's with the gearing but they are heavy SOB's.

my durango is avg, about 12.5. it sucks. now that the jeep is running good i think ill be driving it more often. It seems like i have to fill it up less....

in2fords said:
The cheapest I ever remember gas being here is about $1.50 about 15 years ago when I was 15, pack of Marlboro's was only $2.25, now there both double what they were. The only way i can afford my cig's is because my Porsche gets 25-30mpg's. Wish I was driving that from Oakland up to Medford Oregon! Instead Im shipping the jeep and selling the Porsche. Gas is going to kill me, 4.0/np435/np208 and 3.55's on 35x14 swampers!! Im going to test drive it for a couple of days with the swampers, should be better then my 33x12.5 A/T's with the gearing but they are heavy SOB's.
Are those floatation tires? Hawaii?

As heavy as they are I doubt they would even keep themselves above water! My buddy had bought them but got more road friendly tires and they were free so I took them. they still have 99% tread left, better then my worn down 33 a/t's.

our stock xj averages 16mpg going up and down the cajon pass daily
our stock f-150 averages 16.5mpg on the same trip and I don't drive slow in either of them.
The Stranger even gets about 13 and I have it at redline as often as possible and love to smoke the mustangs and ricers
The YJ gets about 10mpg when it was on 35's and 456's but also weighs about 4800# and has the 4.2 carbed motor so it isn't oozing power either

I filled up tonight. 328 miles on the odometer, and it took 10.2 gallons of gas.

Good news is May is bike to work month... :)

in2fords said:
I didnt catch what you were saying the first time. Im shipping my Heep up to cali, oakland is near the shipping port.

did you choose your jeep over a porshe!!!!!

Good job.

:D

OFCORSE

Thank you

I love wheeling and would have gotten another even if I decided to keep the Porsche instead. The big deciding factor was when my fiancee wrecked her car in a snow storm, Porsche's arent know for foul weather handling. Then I bought her a ZJ, she stuck to the road just fine, some other idiot lost control and totaled her vehicle! I figure I can atleast survive a hit in the XJ.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I told one of the kids in my scout unit the other day that when I was 16 I remember gas being .89 cents a gallon.

He said "my parents say that stuff all the time, it was 25 cents when they were kids"

Then I reminded him that I was only 16 8 years ago.

Sheeeet... *I* remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon.

My father would give me a $10 bill Friday night. I would fill up the tank of the Dodge Dart, take a girl out on a date to a drive-in movie and Bob's Big Boy. Drive out to Zuma Beach on Saturday and Sunday, pay for parking and lunches AND still still have enough gas left for the week and money for school lunches.

Hello all I have a 92 lardo with 156,000 on it 5speed with 3.73 stock tires 225/70/R15 and 4.0 HO around town get about 16 on the hwy 18 to 21 depends if wind is in my back or not.

I'm getting between 15-18 mpg regularly. My best (since the lift) was 21mpg. Mind you, since then my check engine came on and I pulled a code for lean condition bank one...deleted it and it hasn't been back.
I remember filling my 1994 Geo Tracker for $9 when I was in HS. I put 10.1 gallons into a 10 gallon tank and it still came in under $9

Last edited:
Back