• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

I think we're arguing just for the sake of it now but...
The brakes are that different, but if you have your trailer setup correct that should help the 1/2 ton too.

I definitely don't haul on a daily basis. More like bi-monthly at best 9 months out of the year. The point is even before I was moving mulch, tractors, granite and concrete, etc the Jeep alone was a large strain on a 1/2 ton.

Look at it this way, if you are capable of bench pressing say 200lbs, 12 times in a row and Carl is able to do 50lbs the same 12 times; who is going to get more tired lifting 40lbs over and over? Same for trucks with the brakes, trans and suspension. I saw it happen on my 1/2 ton with 50k miles.

I agree. If I could DD anything it wouldn't be a 3/4 ton truck but I also don't have the money to be throwing around at what I would want to drive. Maybe when I am 40 yrs old.
Ok so it changes my point. I lose.

I did to suit the situation.
Please show me a 3/4 ton gas that gets 20mpg. I'll dance naked for you. No way.

Have you driven a new 1/2 ton with that "sway control"? It isn't all it is cracked up to be. Both my father's Chevy and a good friend's ecoboost F150 have it. I've driven both with maybe 4-5k behind it and there for sure is more sway changing lanes on the interstate than in my 3/4 ton without sway control. It helps, but nothing will ever replace the right tool for the job. Kinda like using a #1 Phillips driver when you really need a #2.

Again, you guys arguing against it are no different than the anti people that want to ban whatever but do not have any first hand experience between a bullet and ammunition or a person with the mental capacity not to drink three big gulps in a day vs something that doesn't have it. Just saying in good fun. Don't get pissy. :)

:laugh:

Apparently you need a Corolla

We're definitely arguing for the sake of it. I'm not going to run out and buy a diesel tomorrow just like you're not going to trade your truck for a Ranger (maybe Carl's, I could see why you would want to). Always interesting to hear the other side of the argument.

My truck just makes monster truck noises and puts like 210/230 to the ground. (at this elevation) Engines are lame up here.

Needs more forced induction.

The moral of te story is we all should have bought base model 4cyl Tacoma regular cabs because they have the highest tow capacity of any truck on the market ever, and being comfortable while you drive everyday is stupid. Right Billy?:kissyou:

The moral of te story is we all should have bought base model 4cyl Tacoma regular cabs because they have the highest tow capacity of any truck on the market ever, and being comfortable while you drive everyday is stupid. Right Billy?:kissyou:

We really only should argue about what color to get our base model tacomas.

Can't keep up, the only number I understand is 69.

Hey Dave how's it going

That isn't bad, but still hard @ $129.
If I was 1/2" I might have jumped on it.

All my stuff is DeWalt besides one M18 impact driver anyway.

Get on the chat, tell them you have a Lowes 10% off coupon. I do actually have one, but they didn't bother to verify a bar code or anything, but they took the 10% off for me, which drops it to $123.35 shipped after tax. The gun is priced something like $40-50 lower than what it normally sells for anyway.

I took most of my 5.9 apart with the same gun (Patch has it for work) and a Sunex 3/8" impact set that I got off amazon also for cheap. Worked awesome and the gun has a ton of power for its size.

Got to love the GJ "Hot Deals" section.

Last edited:

Get on the chat, tell them you have a Lowes 10% off coupon. I do actually have one, but they didn't bother to verify a bar code or anything, but they took the 10% off for me, which drops it to $123.35 shipped after tax. The gun is priced something like $40-50 lower than what it normally sells for anyway.

I took most of my 5.9 apart with the same gun (Patch has it for work) and a Sunex 3/8" impact set that I got off amazon also for cheap. Worked awesome and the gun has a ton of power for its size.

Got to love the GJ "Hot Deals" section.

Hmmm.... I already bought myself Christmas presents but that would be nice too...

Darn you Dave.

Yeah the GJ section there is why I have that new compressor coming.

Hmmm.... I already bought myself Christmas presents but that would be nice too...

Darn you Dave.

Yeah the GJ section there is why I have that new compressor coming.

I think it's the perfect size gun for most automotive work, along with the M12 impact driver for almost all the interior stuff.

I'd say do it up.

Back