• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

the clutch comes with the pressure plate, friction disc, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and alignment dowel. Are the flywheel and clutch fork / pivot really items i should be concerned with wear on? I've had no shifting or engagement issues, only occasional slip

the clutch comes with the pressure plate, friction disc, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and alignment dowel. Are the flywheel and clutch fork / pivot really items i should be concerned with wear on? I've had no shifting or engagement issues, only occasional slip

Flywheel: Yes! I didn't replace the flywheel on my Subaru when I replaced the clutch and it chattered afterwards.

Fork: not really but it'd be better to have one on hand and not need it than realize it's on its last legs and not have one.

Fork Pivot: same as the fork.

damn you for making me spend money

:kissyou:

You don't necessarily need to buy a new flywheel, but you should get yours cut by a local shop (I did this on my CTD twice and it was still within spec). If there aren't any hot spots on the flywheel they shouldn't have to take off too much material.

Not sure how cheap the flywheels are, but ask Sam about cheap flywheels.

As far as the fork and pivot, I'd be surprised if they showed much wear. The fork/pivot on my CTD is the exact same design as yours and had hardly any wear on either after 200k miles.

Just buy the biggest SouthBend street dual disc setup for 700+HP and.......wait, what are we talking about? :eyes:

not getting it resurfaced since I need it in and out the same day, plus FSM says it's a contoured flywheel not a flat one. Either hitting it with an emory pad or getting a new one.

As far as quality i dunno - the LuK one is like $50 on amazon

offered on a house and they accepted!

the best part is my garage is bigger then the house :)

got it for 154000 and they cover all my colosing cost up to 5k!

photo.aspx

[]http://media.mlspin.com/photo.aspx?mls=71729191&n=0[/IMG]

Nice! Congrats.

That should be standard.

nice! i should be done negotiating on my house tonight or tomorrow morning, they were not to happy with us asking 65K under list looking at 20-25k under now

Ouch 40k is hard to swallow. Hope you get the better end of that.

Ouch 40k is hard to swallow. Hope you get the better end of that.

the first bid was way to low and i felt it was way to low but doesn't hurt to ask. It still leave use with plenty of money to fix it up how we want it plus there is a new development going up next door with 9 $700k+ house going up next year which will help raise the homes value by association. most of what we need to do to it is relatively cheap but can make a big impact of the homes value

Just buy the biggest SouthBend street dual disc setup for 700+HP and.......wait, what are we talking about? :eyes:

:laugh:

photo.aspx

congrats, that place looks freakin COOL! I likey :greensmok

That's awesome Bob! Congrats!

Sheep that does suck but they obviously have a bottom line too. Canton is a nice area.

Truck needs new batteries soon so daydreaming and whatnot during lunch and looking at new trucks. Very quickly came back to my senses and I'll hold on to this LBZ a little longer.

Reasons:
1) Cost. Equipping one like mine is insane money. Ram $58K, Ford $60K, GMC $61K
2) Every single one seems to have loads and loads and loads of threads on DEF and/or regen issues. The only one that didn't was the new 2015 Power Stroke but the 1st gen 2014s still had them and too soon to tell if the 2nd gens fix the issues.

Overall if I HAD to get one tomorrow it probably would be the Ford I'd first want to test drive followed by the GMC and leading the end the Dodge. Of course a test drive might change all that but that is moot based on #1 and #2 above.

On a side note, I am pleasantly surprised at the value my LBZ holds.

Truck needs new batteries soon so daydreaming and whatnot during lunch and looking at new trucks. Very quickly came back to my senses and I'll hold on to this LBZ a little longer.

Reasons:
2) Every single one seems to have loads and loads and loads of threads on DEF and/or regen issues. The only one that didn't was the new 2015 Power Stroke but the 1st gen 2014s still had them and too soon to tell if the 2nd gens fix the issues.

Overall if I HAD to get one tomorrow it probably would be the Ford I'd first want to test drive followed by the GMC and leading the end the Dodge. Of course a test drive might change all that but that is moot based on #1 and #2 above.

[Bill Speak] WHAT! I got mine for like $25k 2 years ago! You just need to call the people and chit-chat their ear off for 45 minutes and they'll give you a good deal.[/Bill Speak]

:)

[Bill Speak] WHAT! I got mine for like $25k 2 years ago! You just need to call the people and chit-chat their ear off for 45 minutes and they'll give you a good deal.[/Bill Speak]

:)
It worked then (more than 2 years) can't compare used to new though, thanks for trying. :D

I'll just keep happy with mine knowing I don't have to deal with the emissions stuff.

Reasons:

I got the batteries out if my truck there just over a year old.

Back