• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I've found them to be appalling ever since they went to the vertical-style headlights a few years ago. yuck yuck yuck

x2. The headlights really kill that truck for me. And I thought the grille was more "in your face" on the Fords than any of the others.

But yeah, I agree with Bill. We have a huge amount of parking lots here and have a newer Ford doing that duty along with moving equipment around. They see a lot of wear over the winter, but not much other than that.

I can say Toyotas interiors are garbage, very low quality
I agree

And didn't u have to bring your Honda in cuz the ashtray or some shit was broken
Yep, the amount of shit I've brought that thing in for. The techs at the dealership know my car and the history of the car without looking. Last time I was there they grabbed a tech to listen to a noise, and he came out talking to me about the previous history without looking at any work orders or paperwork.

I haven't paid a dime for any of it, and I've had less than 1 year old rental cars every time though.

Been thinking about trading in before more shit goes (the throwout bearing has started making noise at 47K, and they say they aren't covering it), I definitely got a lemon on this one.

Last edited:

Yep, the amount of shit I've brought that thing in for. The techs at the dealership know my car and the history of the car without looking. Last time I was there they grabbed a tech to listen to a noise, and he came out talking to me about the previous history without looking at any work orders or paperwork.

I haven't paid a time for any of it, and I've had less than 1 year old rental cars every time though.

Been thinking about trading in before more shit goes (the throwout bearing has started making noise at 47K, and they say they aren't covering it), I definitely got a lemon on this one.

Friday afternoon assembly?
Still no excuse.

Trade on what?

No, its pretty pathetic this has a bunch of issues, considering other people I know with the same car haven't had these issues. My father and brother have Hondas and don't service them at all, and they haven't had an issue.

Stuff I've had replaced so far (between 16K and 50K). Transmission has been pulled twice to replace 3rd and reverse gear, the interior component Rob talked about, the rear seat release, the engine idler pulley, engine mount, lower ball joints twice, door lock solenoid, and maybe a few things I'm forgetting. At 47K the throwout bearing started making noise, but they said its not covered because its a wear item. I'm going to try to get them to replace it if the dealership I have had it serviced at can duplicate it since, wear item or not, it shouldn't go this soon. The clutch doesn't slip, it just make noise, and considering it has been removed by them twice already....

No clue, probably going to just hold onto it for now since I do like the car otherwise. But I have no clue what I would get.

They probably goobered it up pulling the transmission and reinstalling it twice like you said.

Curious... do you stand on the clutch with the tranny in gear at lights, or only keep the clutch down long enough to shift? The number of people (even gearheads) I see standing on the clutch for an entire light cycle boggles my mind.

Clutch in halfway, in gear, at least 50% throttle at all lights. It's the only way to get that burnout effect and not destroy your pricy tires.

You forgot to make sure you always hill hold with the clutch. Oh, and definitely lean your arm on the gearshift. The shift forks and synchro collars will love you.

You forgot to make sure you always hill hold with the clutch. Oh, and definitely lean your arm on the gearshift. The shift forks and synchro collars will love you.

I've driven cars entirely without the clutch. Don't even have to start it in gear either. If you just really RAM the shifter into gear hard enough, eventually it goes in. Most people probably don't know this, but most people aren't as smart as me.

Any of you guys know much about MA repair plates? Like if it's fine to drive the tow truck in other states with the repair plate. It's different then when you slap the plate on a regular unregistered car. The trucks have to be insured and inspected and all that. I think there might be limitations on towing cars but I'm willing to be you just can't tow two cars. Like no car can touch the ground in another state so as long as i'm not towing a car with the wheel lift I'm fine.
I know ct will bag you if you are loaded with a repair plate, needs a wrecker or transport plate to do paying work, otherwise you need to own the towed vehicle. we also have vehicle in tow plates to use for anything that touches the ground that is unregistered.

They probably goobered it up pulling the transmission and reinstalling it twice like you said.

Curious... do you stand on the clutch with the tranny in gear at lights, or only keep the clutch down long enough to shift? The number of people (even gearheads) I see standing on the clutch for an entire light cycle boggles my mind.

The noise started off as a dry squeaking noise every time the clutch was depressed, and the dealership I bought it from (getting a free inspection before my non-powertrain warranty expired) said the throwout bearing was dry on the shaft. He was astonished when I told him that tranny had been out twice, and two gears had been replaced. It is now inconsistent, and there is a bearing noise in neutral that disappears when I put any pressure on the clutch (also inconsistent).

No standing on the clutch at lights, I'm in neutral.

I know ct will bag you if you are loaded with a repair plate, needs a wrecker or transport plate to do paying work, otherwise you need to own the towed vehicle. we also have vehicle in tow plates to use for anything that touches the ground that is unregistered.

What does loaded mean? Like if I had let's say a mill on the back, obviously not a car. That's fine? And I can't have a car on the back in CT? Nothing would ever need to touch the ground. Just for picking up a mill, wanted to know if I could use the tow truck. Also for future reference it's good to know if I can tow the honcho outside of MA.

Well clearly the mill can't have any wheels on the ground.

:gee:

Well clearly the mill can't have any wheels on the ground.

:gee:

Nice catch Sherlock, it would be on the back of the truck. Which is why I asked what he meant by loaded.

I know how to drive stick, Ken. You always hold it in gear as hard as you can.

depends most of the time I hold the clutch in at lights with the trans in 1st.

my logic is that I want to save time when the light turns green and just go. but Im an Idiot with OCD driving habits and always shift back into 2nd then back into 1st before starting from a dead stop. regardless of whether I was already in 1st or not.

That sounds like an input shaft bearing.

You have had the worst luck with that thing. That blows.

Everything I've read about that has pointed to the throwout bearing making that noise. If it was the input bearing, it shouldn't make that similar noise while driving in gear.

Although, when I was driving around the other night when it was completely silent, I did hear a bit of a whine while driving that went away when I pressed the clutch in. It wasn't the same rattle though.

Knowing my history with cars, I got something with a warranty for a reason haha.

I think each time they are like "oh no, not this kid in here complaining again" and I just want to shove it in their face each time they find something legit wrong.

I've had to go and test drive with techs twice because they couldn't find the issues I was talking about. Both times I was able to duplicate the problems with them in the car, once in less than 5 minutes.

Nice catch Sherlock, it would be on the back of the truck. Which is why I asked what he meant by loaded.

You might have missed my sarcasm, I know what you meant :wierd:

I've found them to be appalling ever since they went to the vertical-style headlights a few years ago. yuck yuck yuck

As an owner of an '08 F350, I happen to like the vertical headlights, BUT...the frontend styling on the new ones does nothing for me, too many goofy curves and the grille is now so over-the-top its garish. The new diesel (6.7) gets raves from everyone Ive talked to with one, and im envious of the mileage gain over my 6.4..but I can live with it. The chevy and dodge HD's do nothing for me at all, not enough differentiation from the 1/2-ton models.
Agreed about american vehicle interiors, most suck, period..ESPECIALLY GM products..it's like they resurrected Ray Charles to design the ergonomics. That said, I towed my XJ to ColoradoFest 2 years back and the cloth 40/20/40 seats in the 350 were 100% comfortable over every single one of those 4000+ miles. You dont really know how much thought went into your seats until you've spent 16 hours straight in them.
Comfort matters.
Rich

Back