• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I think sam made fun of me for this but I'm actually seriously considering it now.

I have found myself with 2.5 MJ beds and 3 tailgates, along with 3 sets of leaf springs and 3 rear axles, soon to be 4 or 5 rear axles.

I am gonna practice for making my new frame by building a proper trailer frame to use with the old bed off the white MJ. Then I'm going to put all my spare parts for wheeling runs in that, so I can tow it and bring my spare parts with me as usual, but not have to unload them all at the campsite before wheeling. I think I should be able to get a whole MJ drivetrain worth of spare parts into such a trailer.

Screw ya'll I'm gonna have my cake and eat it too ..!.. :D ..!..

you know, in like 3 years when I actually get around to doing this. I'll just randomly wheel the MJ and beat the crap out of the 98 until then.

I just got schooled buying eyeglasses. Apparently what I've been buying for all my life has been polycarbonate junk. These new ones better be good!
German made for me, gonna take 3 to 5 weeks to come in.

I didn't want to purchase new ones, but breaking my current ones and being forced to wear an old pair 2 prescriptions (and 4 years) back isn't all the great.
Does anyone on here *gasp* like their job?

'Cuz I do.
For the most part I do.
You should run 4 mufflers so nobddy hears/realizes whats under the hood.
8, one per cylinder!

I think sam made fun of me for this but I'm actually seriously considering it now.

I have found myself with 2.5 MJ beds and 3 tailgates, along with 3 sets of leaf springs and 3 rear axles, soon to be 4 or 5 rear axles.

I am gonna practice for making my new frame by building a proper trailer frame to use with the old bed off the white MJ. Then I'm going to put all my spare parts for wheeling runs in that, so I can tow it and bring my spare parts with me as usual, but not have to unload them all at the campsite before wheeling. I think I should be able to get a whole MJ drivetrain worth of spare parts into such a trailer.

Screw ya'll I'm gonna have my cake and eat it too ..!.. :D ..!..

you know, in like 3 years when I actually get around to doing this. I'll just randomly wheel the MJ and beat the crap out of the 98 until then.

I was thinking about getting a diesel truck with a utility body for the same reason, except all the good stuff could be locked away

Then I realize I would have to actually wheel my jeep for it to be a rational idea

Doug, you have trails in your yard. Just wheel those and walk back to the garage if you need parts or tools :spin1:

I just got schooled buying eyeglasses. Apparently what I've been buying for all my life has been polycarbonate junk. These new ones better be good!
German made for me, gonna take 3 to 5 weeks to come in.

I didn't want to purchase new ones, but breaking my current ones and being forced to wear an old pair 2 prescriptions (and 4 years) back isn't all the great.
For the most part I do.

8, one per cylinder!
I've been shaving 1/4 of a dioptre off my prescription every year or two by going without glasses for a few days before having my eyes checked.

What's wrong with polycarb? AFAIK there are two choices, polycarb and glass, and with the way I treat my glasses I don't think glass is a good choice for me personally. I've always been told polycarb lenses can be made thinner due to the higher index of refraction but it seems that isn't true when I looked the values up. Hell, they even have glass with n=1.8 now, that should make for some damn thin lenses.

Doug, you have trails in your yard. Just wheel those and walk back to the garage if you need parts or tools :spin1:

Why hasnt there been a trail cutting party there yet?!?!

Don't have to cut anything, waiting for someone with a winch to stop by

What's wrong with polycarb? AFAIK there are two choices, polycarb and glass, and with the way I treat my glasses I don't think glass is a good choice for me personally. I've always been told polycarb lenses can be made thinner due to the higher index of refraction but it seems that isn't true when I looked the values up. Hell, they even have glass with n=1.8 now, that should make for some damn thin lenses.
Well I was previously buying glasses at Pearle Vision but since they went out of business in my area I had to shop elsewhere, went to a little local Mom&Pop and the guy was really nice didn't try to sell me anything and just explained and let me look.

Basically the marketing hype for the Pearle/Lenscrafter's/Sears MicroTHIN, SuperWhatever is just that, hype. The highest refraction rate available in the US is a 1.74, and you pay for it too. I ended up with the 1.67 'cause I couldn't swing the cost of the 1.74s. For example the Lenscrafter/Pearle ones are closer to 1.56 & 1.58. The material also isn't the same, bulk are usually Polycarbonate and the newer/better is MR-10, but I honestly don't know much about those differences. End result is I should be able to see better with a thinner lens.

I ended up with these frames:
4b2145a2a416f.jpg

Well I was previously buying glasses at Pearle Vision but since they went out of business in my area I had to shop elsewhere, went to a little local Mom&Pop and the guy was really nice didn't try to sell me anything and just explained and let me look.

Basically the marketing hype for the Pearle/Lenscrafter's/Sears MicroTHIN, SuperWhatever is just that, hype. The highest refraction rate available in the US is a 1.74, and you pay for it too. I ended up with the 1.67 'cause I couldn't swing the cost of the 1.74s. For example the Lenscrafter/Pearle ones are closer to 1.56 & 1.58. The material also isn't the same, bulk are usually Polycarbonate and the newer/better is MR-10, but I honestly don't know much about those differences. End result is I should be able to see better with a thinner lens.

I ended up with these frames:
4b2145a2a416f.jpg
You and I have an issue to talk about.

Anybody know if 96- manual window regulators will swap into a 97+ door?
yes I know

no they won't :(

2-piece glass on the door (moving + stationary or vent) vs 1 piece.

yes I know

no they won't :(

(n) I'm overdue for a JY trip then. I wanna strip my doors down and eliminate a bunch of the wiring. Maybe find an ABS proportion valve and some other odds and ends I need.

Why are you trying to get rid of power options when you already have them. What a waste of time Ross, seriously. Do you seriously just not want to be done?

Transmission is in even after a few set backs. VERY glad I saved the alignment tool from the last time I did a clutch since it was missing from the clutch kit I just bought (either the kit didn't come with one and I overlooked that while unpacking it or someone picked it up and moved it while hanging out in the garage over the past week) :doh:

Should be able to get the t-case in tomorrow night and then whatever else I feel like doing before calling it a night. Finish up everything else on Thursday and hope the chattering is cured. Work from home Friday, leave for VT on Friday evening, get home from VT Sunday night, have Monday off. Fast forward a week and superbowl. I like that schedule for the next week or two.

Why are you trying to get rid of power options when you already have them. What a waste of time Ross, seriously. Do you seriously just not want to be done?

I had to strip out the doors cause I didnt put holes in the bottom of them when I chopped them down. There was like 2" of water in the inside, had to drill drains and paint them. I figured since its all out and I was having problems with them working correctly beforehand, Id eliminate them all together. Plus, when I wanna take my doors off, I wont have to worry about electrical stuff to unplug.

power windows made my jeep slow. i wouldnt have had a chance against colin at king of the underground if i still had them

Back