• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

ohh very good :) good luck d00der

I honestly have the worst fawking luck ever. The cross pin just fell out my d30 and the fricken thing locked up again. FML

what the eff? the bolt/roll pin/ whatever those come with fell out?

i drilled and tapped my 44 carrier to run a bolt. didn't trust a roll pin in there.

FML. I just broke one of the bearing cap bolts.

what the eff?

yea the fricken thing broke and came out both ends and chewed up the gears..

and right now i dont have the money to dump into fabricating a 44 so looks like i'll be getting new gears and stepping back down to 33's for now. even tough i only wheeled TWICE on 35's and the fawkin thing broke.

and right now i dont have the money to dump into fabricating a 44 so looks like i'll be getting new gears and stepping back down to 33's for now. even tough i only wheeled TWICE on 35's and the fawkin thing broke.

the roll pin broke?

was it a nice fit?

sounds like a pretty freak occurence to me.

if i ever find some time i could help ya gear it.

That happened to me in a parking lot. I guess when I put my locker in I should have listened. Never re use a tension pin. Got a new one at the hardware store and locktighted it in there. Never had a problem with it.

Seems like everyone is having sh*t luck today.

All I have to say is, this is the last time I trust the owners manual.

DSC_0406.jpg

its been wheeled more than twice on 35s

Holy shit, you have the worst luck with 30s guys.

That roll pin is now scaring the shit out of me. I'll have to compare it size wise to the spare 8.8 retention bolts I have...

Either that or bend over and get a full case locker :doh:

Unloaded my spare engine into storage, somehow the new tranny, tcase, and skid for the MJ found their way into the bed... along with the xxxxed tranny I paid for :)smsoap:) and the xxxxed tranny out of the 96, partially gutted.

You might even say I have 3 trannies in the back of my truck and two of them are dead :wierd:

Last edited:

That roll pin is now scaring the shit out of me.

green loctite, enough said. after removing/install the factory roll pin a couple of times, they become crap and like to loosen up.

I don't think you have seen my welding... I weld like old people fornicate.

if I could find a 44 with the right width, 4.10s, and 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern for around 2-300, sure... but that probably won't happen. I'd be fine welding it, I just wouldn't trust it for a while.

13 hr workday yay, i think we may have served 3,000 tonite

Back