• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Try replacing the relay? my old xj wouldn't start regularly because mine was going. Even though it checked fine

Looks like it might be time to start shooping for crate engines for the Nova. Or, put it back in the tent for awhile again and worry about the jeep. Yup, I'm thinking option two. Later this summer I might pick up a Blueprint crate engine from Summit/Jegs.

Looks like it might be time to start shooping for crate engines for the Nova. Or, put it back in the tent for awhile again and worry about the jeep. Yup, I'm thinking option two. Later this summer I might pick up a Blueprint crate engine from Summit/Jegs.
What happened to selling ti for a truck? (not that I was all in favor of that idea in the first place)

What happened to selling ti for a truck? (not that I was all in favor of that idea in the first place)

That was/is the plan, thats why I pulled it out this weekend to play with it and get it ready. But now the knocking noise is growing and sounding like poo. It sounds exactly like loose TC bolts or a cracked flexplate, but upon closer inspection yesterday, its not. I disconnected the TC and seperated it so I could get a good like inside, no signs of problems. Run it for a short time with it disconnected too and the noise it just as prevalent even without load on the flexplate. Sounds like I mighta lost a rear cylinder, Im gunna run a compression test on it to see if I get anything. I compression tested a few years ago and everything was good, it still runs fine and seems to have all of its power still, just making the banging/knocking noise. Every once in awhile the noise will cycle out for a few seconds and sound fine, then it comes back.

Put a battery in the MJ, turned the key to on, no fuel pump Buzz and gas, other guages pinned to the right.....bad grounds? Wouldn't catch but when I pressed Schrader valve dust litterally came out

Anyone know if a dodge 2500 60(the shitty kind) will bolt into a ram 1500 of the same gen? And ken what are u doin with your axles

Put a battery in the MJ, turned the key to on, no fuel pump Buzz and gas, other guages pinned to the right.....bad grounds? Wouldn't catch but when I pressed Schrader valve dust litterally came out

Jump the thing on the fender

Jump the thing on the fender

Po already did the ballast resister trick, i think that's what its called, might be due to the ungodly amount of dot3 on the fuse panel, sounded nice and tight when cranking

Anyone know if a dodge 2500 60(the shitty kind) will bolt into a ram 1500 of the same gen? And ken what are u doin with your axles
dunno and dunno. If I don't run the front it'll be going on CL for ~100 bucks, or to whoever you have in mind. Warning, it's pretty crusty on the brackets.

It should, they all share the same 4link/coil style front suspension. The coil buckets might be a little different since the 2500's had a larger coil. I would think it would be like swapping a JK axle into a XJ, everything is close/similar enough that it should swap over without too much hassle.

Its for a friend he ripped a frt wheel off his truck last night tryin to help but he's bein a idiot, kinda really don't wanna bother with the shit as he always nags me bout taken the jeep out in the mud all the XXXXin time

tell him it's 100 bucks and if he annoys you about shit it'll be 200 instead.

I'll give you the extra 100

Pleasantly surprised that I only broke a stock UCA today... guess I should fill the transfer case and replace the fan pulley bearing tomorrow.

Ken, how much you know about 220v wiring?

The current sockets look like this
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_615PV.htm?sid=14256B36E0B5ADD256C8729D6C279639&pid=1208

My new welder is the standard type
http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-770204...ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1332721220&sr=1-4

So if I bought those two connectors I could make an adapter between the two. Although I think the standard ones are usually for 30 amps and the ones we have are rated for 15? Atleast from looking online. Any problems doing that?

Also would I be able to convert just the outlets themselves to the more standard ones? So long as the current wiring is good, and the welder isn't drawing more than 15a then i'm good. Worse that would happen is trip the breaker?

Adam any idea if your buds need the valves? I'd rather send em all as one package or via NAC express than screw around packaging 3 different things.

Carmelo, make sure the wire and outlets that are in the wall are rated for the current that the breaker is for, after that, make whatever adapter you want, as long as you wire it right. If you draw too much it'll trip. On a 220 outlet you have hot, hot, and ground. I don't know the pinout for that second socket you linked, but if it's 220 it'll have hot/hot/ground and if it's 120/220 dual voltage it'll have hot/hot/neutral/ground.

Whent wheeling yesterday, got a bit bored while everyone else was doing small obstacles, determined that even the hard obstacles are easy now, so i started doing them faster. Launched up a ledge, and took out my rf shafts, bumpstop, fender and the header pannel.

Back