• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

:bs:

We pulled shafts and did some comparsion. I love beefieness, Id take either. I still like my 14b, pinion support and other cool junk included. I still wanna pull the cover on the D70 and check out what its got inside and confirm gear ratio.

I've made the decision that 1 tons are now boring and I don't want them unless sub $100-free. No i'm not going to show any of you up that have 1-tons, I'm going to do the exact opposite. Think about it...

IMG_0799.jpg
I should just buggy it while I'm half way there.

(pic removed)
That shock looks purdy.

And yes, I believe I told you to do that a little more than a week ago ;)

I wonder what axles I'll actually end up with...

No, this project is already taking too long. I want to kick the shit out of it wheeling now. I may have to give sky driving a try.

It's lookin good though.

Thanks dude. I thought those axles and m90 that Ross has were for you. Guess not. IMHO, I'd find one of the military blazers with the CUCV axles and those those under it with some kind of 37s. Leaf sprung rear(Yes I know you're tubing the ass), 3 or 4 link front, Detroit in front, and 300/231 doubler. I feel like that would be the best solution to everything as far as cost/time/difficulty

Thanks dude. I thought those axles and m90 that Ross has were for you. Guess not. IMHO, I'd find one of the military blazers with the CUCV axles and those those under it with some kind of 37s. Leaf sprung rear(Yes I know you're tubing the ass), 3 or 4 link front, Detroit in front, and 300/231 doubler. I feel like that would be the best solution to everything as far as cost/time/difficulty

uhh just do 3 link, and dont waste your money on a detroit just do lockrite

True, with a lunch box he wont have to swap the ring gear. That's the difference between a few hours and a day right there.

The M90 is mine, but I think he's going to sell those axles to someone else and make more $...

I'm going to run bigger than 37's, but the military blazer axles are so tempting because the rear has huge shafts, huge ring gear, and already 4.56 and has a detroit. The front would be easy enough to swap carriers to a detroit or something.

You guys see the new SUPER Budget Boost kit?

PB070335smaller.jpg

PB070325smaller.jpg

The M90 is mine, but I think he's going to sell those axles to someone else and make more $...

I'm going to run bigger than 37's, but the military blazer axles are so tempting because the rear has huge shafts, huge ring gear, and already 4.56 and has a detroit. The front would be easy enough to swap carriers to a detroit or something.

just get a fucking lockrite for it and be done with it

Yeah that too... The cucv axles that come from amberlamps have a posi in the front. That would throw a wrench in the plan of 'just use a lockrite'

the blazer axles are only half ton axles, its the ccuv truck axles you want

aren't military blazers the same things as cucv's?

they are. CUCV stands for commercial utility cargo vehicle. It is a family of vehicles.
it includes the dodge M880's through the blazers and the chevy trucks

The M1008 and variants are the trucks with a d60 and 14 bolt

The M1009 is the blazer, and it came with 10 bolt axles. not exactly what you want

edit: apparently the blazers have 3.08 gears, and came with the grenade lock in the rear, open front

Last edited:

IMG_0799.jpg
you're thinking what I was thinking in mid may...

No, this project is already taking too long. I want to kick the shit out of it wheeling now. I may have to give sky driving a try.

... and this is what I ended up doing :yelclap: hack it back together well enough to hold together while you beat it like it owes you money. You told me I should wheel with more caution when I started doing that :roflmao:

Haven't gotten all 4 off the ground that I know of, but I've had 3 off the ground for sure. Worst breaks were the rusty d30 brackets (killed at camp uj) and my stock UCAs that I folded up yesterday... had spares with me, and now own real UCAs I need to put in.

Haven't gotten all 4 off the ground that I know of, but I've had 3 off the ground for sure. Worst breaks were the rusty d30 brackets (killed at camp uj) and my stock UCAs that I folded up yesterday... had spares with me, and now own real UCAs I need to put in.
you certainly came close yesterday. I know at least 3 were off the ground at one point, and the 4th wasnt doing anything if it still was on the ground

Ken you going to be around tomorrow after work? If you want to meet up I can toss you the spare tire winch and some xmember reinforcement brackets (the stock MJ ones) if you're interested.

I'm just tired of tripping over them and dunno if they're of any use to you.

Back