• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Oh absolutely!
Its got low miles, its in good condition, and the best part is it is a 2 tone! I wish I had the money.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/2040811856.html

You're not allowed to have another low mileage, rare XJ. You'll just crash it again.

:D

Xjs don't get very good gas mileage in 2nd gear towing a trailer at 75mph with stock gears and 33s...

Oh well. Got most of the run done tonight. The rest will have to wait for morning.

You coming this way tomorrow? I can bring that dumb spare tire winch.

Ken, If you head to Colin's, can you bring him the intake? I'll paypal you or whatever.

Shit, I just was that way. Forgot completely.

Sunday I have to return the trailer in north attleboro, I can drop by then... also there will be trouble causing and/or beer and burger consumption in southbridge in the evening.

The 99+ one I've been holding for him for the forced induction project :thumbup:

No big deal Ken.

What intake was I just about to acquire...?

:D
You've already got one haha. 99+ intake manifold for yours truly. I figured it would be a good idea for forced induction...

Carmelo answer your goddamn phone. I want my oxy/ace tanks for tomorrow.
Dude, the 2 weeks I went without mine were PAINFUL :helpme:

I hope you get them.

I'm going to go stare at my 4.0 and fantasize about a blower.

Xjs don't get very good gas mileage in 2nd gear towing a trailer at 75mph with stock gears and 33s...

Oh well. Got most of the run done tonight. The rest will have to wait for morning.
Ken anytime you need a hand let me know, I'm only like 30 min from southbridge.

Sure thing :thumbup: I pay in beer and/or jeep parts and/or money when needed.

I'm probably gonna host some sort of a wrench fest soonish too... haven't decided when. It'll be on dirt, so welding and electrical are probably the only sane things to do :gee:

Garage and/or patio/cement pad will have to wait for spring.

fantization complete. next thing I need to do is get the 4.0 on its stand

axle uca mount is about ready to go on still got to make another coil holder thingy and get those welded on

I can't wait to see you wheel that jeep rob :)

Ken, not to add another thing to your busy schedule but let me know if you end up able to go to that junkyard to scope out that j20 rear bumper for me. no prob if you can't, I just don't want it to disappear or get crushed. the stupid place sells them for $39, but if they pull it, $139.

So this dumb TTB project I've being going on about. Let's throw some reality into it.

Start with a junk explorer. Keep the forward part of the frame, build drop brackets as necessary for the TTB, build new radius arms, sub in Bronco 44 outers, done. Some guy made adapter brackets to convert everything over to the HP44 TTB from a Bronco. Adds about 3" track width; I think that'll work. The rear 8.8 would be fine.

Engine would be a 3.2 V6 SHO, mated to a C4, NP205 case.

Front would be ~7" uptravel, 7" down. Rear would be easily 8 and 8. All coilovered with airbumps.

Tires would be 35x12.50, probably Maxxis Creepies.

If I drop a CJ tub on top of this mess, I can use the VIN from the CJ tub to register the vehicle as 'historic'. Which means I'd be able to drive this thing around all the time (I could reinstall the windshield frame where appropriate), drive it to the pine barrens and bomb around through the woods down there...

For sake of argument, let's say it'd be a CJ/YJ with TTB front and linked rear, coilovers all around, badass steering up front, 35's, front spooled / rear ARB, 4.88s in the axles, stretched to ~104" wheelbase. With a high-200's+ HP motor redlining at 8000 RPM, full manual valve body in the trans.

This gets me:

- 3200 RPM @ 72 MPH on the highway in high range
- 8000 RPM @ 76 MPH in low range
- 100 MPH @ just under 5000 RPM in high range
- 32 MPH redline in first gear low, 60 MPH in redline 2nd gear low

How friggin fun does that sound. I'd totally make the cage to mimic the front half of a YJ, and use the doors and shit. I'd drive it around & to work a ton. Plus I think it'd actually wheel pretty well.

God damn it...

Back