• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The loss of a WWII Decorated war hero.....

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
I know the NAXJA has a lot of patriotic members, veterans and active service members.

Army Corporal Vernon M. Frazier - 11/07/1924 - 03/07/2011

Service dates June 28, 1943 to December 27, 1945 entered through Ft. Custer, MI separated through Camp Atterbury, IN

Company D 319 Infantry 80th Division (I don't know if I have this info in the right order)

SURVEY AND INSTRUMENT MAN: Worked as a range finder on a 30 cal machine Gun under combat conditions. Worked a walkie talkie radio. Found range in range finder and sent the information back by radio to the machine guns.

Military occupation - Survey and instrument man 228

Military qualification - combat infantryman badge; rifle marksman

Battles - Norther France, Ardenne, Rhineland, Central Europe

Decorations and citations - American Theater; EAME 4 Bronze stars; Good conduct; Purple Heart; Bronze Star; Victory Medal

Wounds received in action - Dec 29, 1944 Luxembourg

Decorated Army veteran of the Battle of the Bulge.

He will be buried with full military honors at the national cemetery in Battle Creek, MI. :patriot:

He was my father. RIP old man!!!
icon_cry.gif

I'm sorry for your loss and thank you for your father's service :us:

Best wishes

damn, sorry for your loss man.
i dont think we can thank men like him enough :us::patriot:

Sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace brother.

My condolences Dan. It is never good for a little boy to lose his father no matter how old that little boy is.

That's quite an impressive record. My sincerest condolences. I think it's safe to say we're all proud of your father's efforts to bring sanity to a world gone insane.

I didn't have any relatives serve during WWII, but my father was put in a German workcamp (a coal mine I believe - he nearly died there), and my great uncle was in the Polish Resistance.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Thanks!

My dad I'm okay with. He lived a long life and it was time to go. As for the 34 year old young man who lost his life early Thursday morning, I wish I could find the rewind button.

I was involved in this incident just 4 days prior to my father's passing;
*link*
*link*

It's been one hell of a week!!! :looney:

Thanks!

My dad I'm okay with. He lived a long life and it was time to go. As for the 34 year old young man who lost his life early Thursday morning, I wish I could find the rewind button.

I was involved in this incident just 4 days prior to my father's passing;
*link*
*link*

It's been one hell of a week!!! :looney:

Train vs anything else train wins. People that don't heed the cross bars are not your responsibility. Hope it all turns out ok for you.

Back