• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Impound" Build

then start answering my calls bitch! You have missed out on a couple of smokin' deals!

well, the nonfinctioning heat issue has been resolved, it was a plug that was not fully plugged in by the blend door :rolleyes: Now it is a mess trying to get the hack job alarm out of it and return the wiring back to stock. Hope that he has it done tonight b/c I can tell he is really getting frustrated with taking the dash out multiple times :D

got everything back together last night and it runs again. The blinker assembly is acting up a little bit, but other then that it is good to go. I will mention the bumper to him Blake :thumbup:

well, the project received a new JCR roof mount ligt bar for Christmas. He has 2 lights for it right now and I have the other set for him as a late birthday present. Hope to get down that way in the next few weeks and help him hook up the lights and relays correctly :D Still need to install a locker for him as well, but all will come in good time.

Thought I would update this thread....the XJ was causing all sorts of problems as of late..TPS, CPS, fuel pump, internal filters, blinkers and other odd items. He finally said hell with it and had it towed to a shop and just said "fix it" one day later it was done. apparently there were some pinched or cut wires in various places that were causing the electrical gremlins. So, it is now back on the road and he called me last night and said "I got flagged down by another guy in an XJ and he talked my ear off about my rig" I told him, welcome to the XJ world my friend! I have a matching fullsize spare for him on a silver Ecco so it will match his current set up. He has the JCR light bar and 4 Hella 500's on it. Looks nice and clean. We are going to wheel it around my folks place over Easter and I wil give him a little "Wheeling 101" class :D I will post up some pics after this weekend of its current state.

haha!! your lucky I did not have the drunken dials that evening...you get me and Sean together and some good beer...who knows what can happen :D I can now see why you like that Spotted Cow so well...mighty tasty! :cheers:

haha!! your lucky I did not have the drunken dials that evening...

Or you can call me on a Monday night...That whole conversation, although still a memory, was a blur.

funny you mentioned that in this thread b/c when my brother and I started this build we were very much in the same state of mind as I was on Monday evening :D Drink a few beers, work some, drink a few more beers, work a bit less, drink a few more beers and go in and watch TV, drink a few more beers and piss in the neighbors bushes, drink a few more beers....well, you get the point. :D

Hey Cheeseman, what ever happened with this thing?

He still has it and it suffered some damage a few weeks back. He put on some new Maxxis Bighorns and loves the way it handles. He got twisted up on a small rock face in southern Missouri and slide into a tree that ended up crunching up the front fender and caved in all the rocker to the rear fender well and busted off both fender flares. It shoved the rocker into the bottom of the doors and even f'ed up the passenger rear door. So we are trying to figure a weekend I can go down and pick it up and bring it up to my shop and put it under the knife. We are going to cut out the rockers and replace w/ 2x5 rec tube and then tie into the unibody like we did on my rig. We are also gonna knock out some bumpers for him as well. he was gonna try to go to Winterfest 2011 but can not get his leave rescheduled. He has to book vacation 1 year in advance. I might sense some "sick leave" in his future :D

Wow, lots has happened. Just goes to show you how good you are at updating a thread that isn't about your pile of Jeep or your pile of bacon.

This rig is now for sale. I hate to see him sell it but he never drives it and it is an eye sore for the neighbors in his Country Club neighborhood. $3000 obo.

Back