• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The end of Bonneville?

That link takes me to a plethora of story links, none of which talk about closing the salt flats. :(

I can't remember the last time I used that word, but it sure fit the use this time. :)

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.

El Guapo: Many pinatas?

Jefe: Oh yes, many!

El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A *plethora*.

Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

Interesting, since I read it before it changed. I'm particularly interested in Bonneville since I moved to Utah. I'd love to get my 130 or 150 MPH patch on my softail before moving back east.

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.

El Guapo: Many pinatas?

Jefe: Oh yes, many!

El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A *plethora*.

Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?
Lol, thanks.

Here's the letter. I know it's a crappy screen shot but it's all I could find. Zoom in and you can read it...
02-no-racing-bonneville.jpg

This doesn't sound like much to get all bent out of shape over: http://www.heraldnews.com/article/20150914/NEWS/150918207

I don't know what all else he may have put out there, but my money is on bureaucrats with their noses out of joint over a feigned offense and refusal to get over it until their palms are well greased.

I don't know what all else he may have put out there, but my money is on bureaucrats with their noses out of joint over a feigned offense and refusal to get over it until their palms are well greased.

That was from last year. And from what I understand (tho I nothing of Bonneville other than it's location), that pretty much happens every year due to rains.

This is something different.

Last edited:
There was some kerfluffle over someone getting butt-hurt. That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

In the meantime, here's part of the official story...

"Currently, the land is also used for mining potash. As part of the process, Sullivan said vast amounts of salt are removed from the surface and discarded in retention pools south of the interstate. Save the Salt has asked the BLM to require those mining companies to recycle that discarded salt back onto the surface of the flats on the north side of the freeway."

"The process of pumping salt back onto the surface of the flats is something the BLM has required of mining companies since 1998, but racing enthusiasts say it's not enough to save the salt flats.
"It's not enough to make a difference," said Sullivan. "There's an excess of 200 million tons of wasted salt sitting on the south side of the freeway. We just want them to put it back."

Back