• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The BSC and Goatfest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the fact that discharging a firearm(shotgun)on either BLM land or national forrest is legal, it is however illegal to discharge it within a 1000' of a structure(yes, even temporary camp grounds like over the weekend are considered structures).

It is also not considerate nor safe due to the quantity of folks that were at this get together.

Commonsense is the key here as well as courtesy.

about the shooting... was that me maybe? 12 gauge. we shot probably about 15 rounds.
white comanche at the back right corner of the camp?

im sorry if that bothered some of you, wasnt trying to piss anybody off.
i shoot my shotgun there all the time as it is legal, and always pick up our shells and trash.

anyways... i apologize if im who youre talking about with the shooting.

-Shomsky

Hey Ryan,
Apology accepted... BUT:
In the future... NO GUNFIRE of any sort anywhere near a camp is a (very good) rule. There are kids, and pets, and people sleeping, and... I actually slept thru or ran trails during all the gunshot shenanigans at camp, but there are many (of all ages) who were very upset about it. Hell, there's another whole thread or two about it!

I gave you credit for willingly moving off on Saturday (at the top of Aftershock) when Kevin asked you to shoot away from the canyon that's the route to the top of Aftershock.

And thanks for the help pulling Grimm ("I can do this in a 2WD MJ...really I can!") out of the route to Back Door on Sat. a.m.

FYI and FWIW, if you were obnoxious enough to get booted out of the Black Sheep campsite, you should probably ease up on the booze!! :scared:

(and it's not cuz I'm old... I'm still only 25, I'm just stuck in a 43-year-old's body :laugh3:)
Carol

I can probably guarntee getting kicked out of the BSC camp was not cause of the booze. I bet it was all attitude and antics.

Yes, but I suspect that the attitude and antics were exaggerated by the booze. I know the BSC doesn't have issues with vast consumption of alcohol! Or antics or attitude either, for that matter =).
Carol

Thanks for being a grown up about it all Grimm.

Your comment about you guys being good people, just obnoxious a-holes (I'd add the on occasion as a qualifier) is just about right IMO.

we, the BSC, did NOT URINATE IN ANYONES FIRE. again, this was not a member of our group as far as i can tell, and if it was, show me proof and i will personally kick thier ass.

BULLSHIT!

One of your BSC did piss on the center fire where we had the drivers meeting on Saturday morning. I was not the only one that saw it, the one that did even posted up to brag about it.

I understand you want to be the "COOL" Black Sheep of NAXJA, the proud A-holes of NAXJA, the rebels, the "we don't take no sh!t from no one!" group, and you have to live up to your name. But I think it is just dumb on a "Family Run" to go so out of your way to piss off everyone, yelling just to keep people up. Go have your own fest and stay out of JV, most of us are trying to save the place not give it a bad name with a bunch of drunk jerks that yell and shout all night. Last year it got out of hand, but no one wanted to piss off everyone sleeping, most even tryed to stay out of the way of others.

I have been asked not to feed this but when one of you even posts up to fight the one man that put this together makes me sad for NAXJA. Most of you BSC calling people names and posting up how some are too old. I feal sad for this group as I did not think it was full of uncool people like this.

A sad day for NAXJA and goatfest.

BULLSHIT!
i wasnt aware of this happening, and was told it was not one of us. i guess i was misinformed.

I have been asked not to feed this but when one of you even posts up to fight the one man that put this together makes me sad for NAXJA. Most of you BSC calling people names and posting up how some are too old. I feal sad for this group as I did not think it was full of uncool people like this.

you seem to have problems with a couple individuals, please take it up with them. it was not our intention to go out there and piss everyone off. there is one person in our group, who has a problem with you and your group, just as you have a problem with us. talk to him about it and dont blame us all for what one of us did.
But I think it is just dumb on a "Family Run" to go so out of your way to piss off everyone, yelling just to keep people up.
and FWIW the yellers got booted from our camp for getting too rowdy.

Last edited:
BULLSHIT!

One of your BSC did piss on the center fire where we had the drivers meeting on Saturday morning. I was not the only one that saw it, the one that did even posted up to brag about it.

I understand you want to be the "COOL" Black Sheep of NAXJA, the proud A-holes of NAXJA, the rebels, the "we don't take no sh!t from no one!" group, and you have to live up to your name. But I think it is just dumb on a "Family Run" to go so out of your way to piss off everyone, yelling just to keep people up. Go have your own fest and stay out of JV, most of us are trying to save the place not give it a bad name with a bunch of drunk jerks that yell and shout all night. Last year it got out of hand, but no one wanted to piss off everyone sleeping, most even tryed to stay out of the way of others.

OK so now can I go on like Richard did about MY VIEWS, and how that BS you just wrote, is speculation and unfair?

I am part of this loose knit bunch of assholes! I do not piss in fires, I do Not shoot guns IN camp, I do Not yell and purposely keep old or young people awake at night, I do not purposely try to be a asshole to Anyone.

But here in NAXJA I found about 2 yrs ago to be divided in to a few groups. One was for sure the sack riders or "elitist" if you will or just the crowd that feels this is what they built and they will not let someone without being in Red do Any influencing on any diccisions. SO I went red. Then I found these same people are still the way they are even then towards you even if you are red, but now they at least thank you for supporting what they have built. Did I care. maybe a little. But I just kinda dissapeared a bit and did what I wanted and if NAXJA had somethign to offer I accepted it, kinda like naxja did to me, I had some $ and they accepted it.

Then a Marine that really was not that bad of a asshole was coming home and the BSC crew was formed in a odd way. I figured ya know at least there with that camp, I can drink when I want and how I want and act the way I DO (read above) and not have The 'leaders' of this board all pissed and make comments about my conduct when they travel 5-10 rigs back just to watch and enjoy yet still bitch about. And how People (I) cant be like that. Yet I know I was never beyond the safe limits, I just drive by braile and like not giving a hoot about my rig and liek enjoying my music on the trail and good company. So BSC was perfect for me.

Does the BSC crew get outa hand, prolly. Or Yes. But is it Really that Outa hand, this weekend, if it was on friday then I do think your a bit to conservitive to be holding these event, or being in a position to really matter. ITS JV! Its a dry lake bed, Its 2 nights and 3 days. ITS OFF ROADING.

I can NOT speak for all, but I can speak for the one member of the BSC ME, And when you say "stay out of JV, most of us are trying to save the place not give it a bad name with a bunch of drunk jerks that yell and shout all night" I say Fawk YOU! What did we do to lessen the "name"? Maybe to 5 people total, all of which are part of this 'group' that is Not said to exist, but funny they are all the ones giving a crap about this.

IF the wrost you have is shouting AT ANT TIME OF THE NIGHT, and pissing in a fire, which I Still Do Not believe happend by the person I believe you are accusing. Just cause he admitted to it, even though he also agreed that he must have fired that shotgun cause one of your group said he surely saw him do it, yet he was mistaken, And ben will admit to doing anything that is asinine if he can. Then just deal with it. You ever been to a real event where theres more then 50 rigs. This one went down like a dream!

Hell go to TDS, Or how about a ANOTHER club event that is mostly held in JV or Panamint valley . Yeah I know they give JV and Panamint valley a "Bad Name" Right., WRONG.... and these events can be so far more rowdy then this past weekend. Your a moron sir for saying what you did and sorry you feel the way you do...

Last edited:
BULLSHIT!

HA i did not piss on THAT fire!

I was told that i pissed on the fire of the kids whom we removed from the BSC campsite to piss them off. That was at night.

I have witnesses for all of saturday morning of where i was and what i was doing.

As far as Ben vs. Goat 2008, I was not the one who posted up the illusion to a boxing match.

The true sad day for NAXJA and Goatfest is long since passed.

When people have to feel alienated from a "main" group for whatever reason when its supposed to be a "club wide" event, that's failure.

Since last years goatfest ive been labeled some partying asshole with no reguard for others or my surroundings.

Truthfully, last year at goatfest i was pretty damn well behaved, sure there were a few wrestling matches, sup josh ryan brown and bryan c., but all in all i was pretty well behaved. Both nights there ended around a campfire talking to everyone and having a good time.

But for some reason after that I was labeled as an insane man, who will drink all the booze in the place and take a shit on the hood of your car just for looking at me the wrong way.

So while out of the country on business, a party was organized that would earn me that label, but it was far away from civilization and any attenders were forewarned of the consequences.

Honestly this year, me and a few BSC members attended this event, with the intentions of doing nothing else but getting completely wasted for a weekend in plain view. Maybe it was to stir up the "old crowd." But ill tell you one thing, Kevin H and Santa, get down with the best of em.

The truth is, you stupid fucks have no idea how helpful, outgoing, and downright "normal" most of the BSC are because your too caught up in your "sewing circles" of prejudice. So what if were younger, louder, and drunker around the campfire?

If alot of these guys felt welcomed, they would probably act a lot different.

We came out with the intention to earn a label, that we were already given.

Ben,

I don't understand your change. I wheeled with you a FEW years back at JV. Although, I'm not sure you remember my face. Yes, you may have had a reputation, but it wasn't bad like you pointed out. A lot of people respect you for serving our country, especially all the tours you did. :patriot: I understand your need for a release.

As far as the people who don't feel Welcomed, why do they hang around NAXJA?? And, why do they care?? If I do not feel Welcomed at ANY particular event or group, I'll just leave. No one is obligated to participate in this club.

I really don't understand it. For those who don't like it, just go away.

Elias

Well reguardless of the happenings. There weill always be a few guys that piss off a few other guys. People live differnt lifes. Some take the craziest route with no regaurd for their jeep. Where as people like me bypass something a 6 year old could do on a big wheel. Some are loud and labled out of control. Some are labeled as old and out of touch. Reguardless. Were all here for the same reason. We love jeeps. we love nature. And we love to wheel. Come on peeps. Just let shit go there is to much bad shit going on in the world. Why bring it here. If you dont like someone leave it be. Be a man take a page from Grimms book applogize. Why keep an enimy when you can make a friend.

ok ok flame me..... now.

peace
ted

E,

what has changed is some people chose to say other things about me for no reason,
so.....

i gave them a reason.

Ben,

I don't understand your change. I wheeled with you a FEW years back at JV. Although, I'm not sure you remember my face. Yes, you may have had a reputation, but it wasn't bad like you pointed out. A lot of people respect you for serving our country, especially all the tours you did. :patriot: I understand your need for a release.

As far as the people who don't feel Welcomed, why do they hang around NAXJA?? And, why do they care?? If I do not feel Welcomed at ANY particular event or group, I'll just leave. No one is obligated to participate in this club.

I really don't understand it. For those who don't like it, just go away.

Elias

E,

what has changed is some people chose to say other things about me for no reason,
so.....

i gave them a reason.

Why not take it up with them. Also, who gives a flying F'k what some people say.

From what I know of you, you are smart enough to be able to address the people who are talking crap about you. I also know you have the ability to prove people wrong.

Don't give them fuel and don't give them the satisfaction of thinking they were right.

E

Why not take it up with them. Also, who gives a flying F'k what some people say.

From what I know of you, you are smart enough to be able to address the people who are talking crap about you. I also know you have the ability to prove people wrong.

Don't give them fuel and don't give them the satisfaction of thinking they were right.

E

thanks for the words of encouragement E, that's very rare round these parts.

the truth of the matter is, the people who have met me, and not while i was in a drunken rage, know who i am. They know i go a stupid amount out of my way to help people. They know to call me at any hour of the night and ill be there as quick as i can to help.

I could care less for those who choose to slander me, the people who know me and are my friends by choice are all I need.

I was told by a member of this board that I was not welcome to wheel with the "buggy group" even if I did have a super well built rig in the works. That was said LONG before any incident of BSC shenanigans.

JV 06, i didnt have a drop to drink, i was wheeling the whole time. I brought an ice chest full of soda and food. I knew id be wheeling, so i wouldnt be boozing.

I spent most of that time wheeling with Robertk and opie, i had a blast!

This year when i came to the camp fire after arriving early evening friday night, and nobody said shit to me after i said "hey guys hows it going"

and Dave Taylor was right there, silent in his chair. I see him once a month at pizza meet and greets, we talk casually, i never get out of hand and piss in the fire there at Lampost.

That sealed the deal for me.

Ive met a ton of awesome people on Naxja, and thats why i stick around. Will there be good events in the future? Im sure there will be.

Ben is a good guy. While self control and *rules* aren't always his bag, he sure is hella fun to watch! :)

The BSC is not like the Crips or Bloods, it's just simply the drinking, rowdy side of NAXJA creating a sub-society. While I do understand that this is *necessarily* going to cause problems, I still think it to be a good idea! I do not approve of everything every member does, at all times, but I also do not approve of going to a big event, watching some TV in the motorhome, and turning in at ten PM.

We have to find the middle ground, here. The BSC has made a run just for the BSC members, so why don't the calmer folks make a run just for them? I'm thinking of doing something similar myself. Something like "Jeep Creep Run", or along those lines. I'd like to get out onto a nice trail and creep along at 4 MPH, getting out at every excuse to take pics and enjoy the scenery.

Anyway, I just had too much coffee and thought I'd chip in a bit. Y'all behave now, ya' heah? :)

Ben is a good guy. While self control and *rules* aren't always his bag, he sure is hella fun to watch! :)

The BSC is not like the Crips or Bloods, it's just simply the drinking, rowdy side of NAXJA creating a sub-society.

I love you Derek. Trailer trash meet n greet needs to be planned soon!

For as well spoken as Derek is, well he is a professional writer an all, you wouldn't guess it as you saw him in a wife beater with a keystone in hand yelling at the honda driving by his pad.

I was told by a member of this board that I was not welcome to wheel with the "buggy group" even if I did have a super well built rig in the works. That was said LONG before any incident of BSC shenanigans.

This year when i came to the camp fire after arriving early evening friday night, and nobody said shit to me after i said "hey guys hows it going"

and Dave Taylor was right there, silent in his chair. I see him once a month at pizza meet and greets, we talk casually, i never get out of hand and piss in the fire there at Lampost.

I see.

So, there's more than meets the eye. I can understand why you're bothered by the whole situation. I don't know the entire situation and hope that this gets resolved. I'll leave it at.

Thanks for clearing up some stuff.

E

I have not met all the bsc guys, but i know if I needed something i could definitly count on the ones i do know. can we do a jeep creep bypass run ? that way my wj doesnt get dirty. :D jk

peace
ted

thanks for the words of encouragement E, that's very rare round these parts.

This year when i came to the camp fire after arriving early evening friday night, and nobody said shit to me after i said "hey guys hows it going" and Dave Taylor was right there, silent in his chair. I see him once a month at pizza meet and greets, we talk casually, i never get out of hand and piss in the fire there at Lampost.

Well, unfortunately, you were told by someone else, NOT by one of us in the buggy group. Yet, all this time you've evidently bad mouthed us behind our backs and we didn't even know there was a problem. None of us ever said we wouldn't wheel with you if you got a buggy, so that's not true. Just like you never shot off a gun or pissed in the main campfire, yet some folks thought you did. So, I'll call you and we'll clear that up. It doesn't mean we'll call you every time we go wheeling, because we won't. We already know that we have different styles. But, those times when we end up out there together, we'll gladly wheel with you, if you can keep up.
thefinger.gif

If we wheel a few times, and we have fun, and we become better friends, and your shit holds together, then maybe we will call you and let you know when we're going. That's just friends planning a wheeling trip, nothing more and nothing less.

Regarding Dave sitting in his chair and not saying hello, damn, I can't believe you're such a sensitive pussy. Do you really expect every person around a campfire to say hello to everyone that comes up? That's the evidence you need to justify your hate and discontent? Sorry, I gave you more credit than that in the past. However, I can understand that if you thought we really said that crap, you'd be pissed and disappointed. I know we're cool and everyone wants to hang around with us........ :confused1

So, hear what we actually have to say, get off your high horse, and cut us the same slack that you bitch about others not doing for you. That door swings both ways. And, if you don't like being called Bentard, then don't try to hang with us, because we brutalize the one's we love. We'll say way more shit to your face than we'll ever say behind your back.
thefinger.gif

LOL........ Bentard..

Well, I'm glad that was cleared up........

I would say "Group Hug," but screw that. I know where some of you have been.. :shocked:

E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back