• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The 91' ABS to Standard brakes conversion works!

Erik B

NAXJA Forum User
Just got done doing the ABS to standard brakes conversion today. They are much better. Couple things i should note about the tech article. 1st, i did not need any new pedal stuff. They mated up without getting a standard brake. 2nd, you can reroute the front right brake line, i used 3 separte lines and linked them up together and it worked perfectly. That was the only line i replaced, i ended up bending the other lines to work ( not for the faint of heart though, they look jerry rigged BUT WORK!). Oh and my emergency brake light works.

This project took me and my dad 2 days work to do this. The hardest part was just getting all the brake lines connected. I kind of encourage anyone having problems with their old style ABS to do this.

in the tech articles at the main page. Also, i got a master cylinder/booster from autozone instead of from the slave vehicle, though i had to get the proportioning valve from a junkyard since i couldn't find anyone that sold it.

My pedal isn't the same though, it is softer and goes down a little farther but the braking power is so much better. it feels a little abnormal but everything works fine. Might be cause i couldn't bleed the back brakes totally right though.

Back