• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tellico Advice

wdyer14

NAXJA Forum User
What's up guys,
I'm driving in from Charlotte to meet some buddies at Tellico pretty soon,but we have a problem.None of us have been up there yet so we aren't sure about the trails.Just wondering if there's anywhere you recomend (maps tarils etc..) or that we should avoid.Here's my rundown

2000xj 3" rough country lift,no rear and front sway bar diso,31" maxis MT on stock gearing and open,K&N open element and new cat back system.Unfortunately I don't have any skids yet for this ride.

wdyer14 said:
What's up guys,
I'm driving in from Charlotte to meet some buddies at Tellico pretty soon,but we have a problem.None of us have been up there yet so we aren't sure about the trails.Just wondering if there's anywhere you recomend (maps tarils etc..) or that we should avoid.Here's my rundown

2000xj 3" rough country lift,no rear and front sway bar diso,31" maxis MT on stock gearing and open,K&N open element and new cat back system.Unfortunately I don't have any skids yet for this ride.

I recommend a locker, rock rails, and diff guards... No really.. just google Tellico Map...

What do the other rigs in your group consist of?

You can go equipped as you are, but you will need plenty of throttle to get through some places. And with that type of driving you can expect body damage on just about any trail other than trail 1, especially if it's as wet up there as it has been here for the last few days. But as I've always said, "it's only sheetmetal"

Good luck, have fun, and report back about the trip! :cheers:

Thanks for the advice ,I found a local club for Tellico that is actually sending me some maps and trail ratings.As for the other rigs they are fairly close to my setup nothing to extreme.We tend to play in the mud and slop more than we get into the rocks where I live so this will be a new one for us.

i was in telico the first of september... i don't know the trail numbers, but there are a few you could do. 1, 4, maybe one or two more... when i was riding with my buddy, i was thinking of all the spots i could take my XJ. i have a 00 sport, stock at the moment. (2" BB and 31s on the way).

are you gonna be up at telico the first weekend of november for the fall crawl? there are a few other guys from chattanooga going.

1 is a dirt road, 4, 5, and 6 are fairly easy atm. Other then that I would steer clear of all the rest. Hell if no one in your group has a winch I'd serously think about not going. Just my .02 Have fun.

Back