• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech Inspections

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
How do we want to handle tech inspections this time? In the past it was usually done the day before the official rides started. This year there were some comments (and I admit) it got somewhat overlooked.

I like the idea of each group leader doing tech for their group either the night before, or if they straggle in late, the day of the first trail ride.

I would suggest that you have a tech team made up of 3 or 4 people, that have papers that have a check off list and a signature spot for the tech guy to sign, the participant takes it to the registration guy after he/she has been teched. You cannot register unless you've got the tech sheet, which means no dinner ticket or shirts unless you've been teched.

Fore 'stealing ideas from Winterfest' Wheeler

Well then we'd have to change the entire registration process. Registration has been done in advance so we had a count for shirts and for the meal.

Could continue to do it that way but stipulate that you must be able to pass tech upon arrival or you don't ride, regardless of if you have already paid or not. (Which may be how it was unanimously done in the past?)

A lot of people paid in advance last year, and preferred to do that rather than paying at the event.

Tim you are thinking the same thing, just reading it a bit different. Before you are allowed to pick up your packet at the event, you must present a valid tech sheet.

One issue we have had with tech is finding someone to commit to it. As BOD having to pull off of whatever you were doing every 2 minutes for a tech inspection was crazy.

If people would get their lazy hungover bodies to the drivers meeting in time, get the rigs lined up, the trail leaders could walk right down the line and make sure everything is good to go before hitting the trail. This should really be done anyways. Or find your trail group as they arrive and do it individually.

I would do registrations ahead of time in the store plus allow people to register in person. Tech done at registration by a group of motivated people. The other alternative is to incorporate tech into the waver (I agree that...) and inform trail leaders to look for tow points, etc., as they're counting Jeeps in the morning.

Let's do a waiver built into registration.

I agree that my rig will have this and that and this and that.

I understand that if I do not meet these requirements upon inspection I will not be allowed to ride.

(In whatever half lawyer speak someone wants to write)
Inspections will be done by trail leaders before leaving.

Was a team ever built to do the tech inspections or is it up to the trail leaders to look them over when they line up?

Trail leaders.

It's the easiest way to do it really. I think I have some stickers left over from last year we can use to keep track of who's been checked.

Maybe advise that people who are new come find one of us as soon as they can when they get there, incase we find something that needs to be addressed they have time to fix it? I'd really hate for somebody to show up to the drivers meeting only to be turned down at the last minute.

It's the easiest way to do it really. I think I have some stickers left over from last year we can use to keep track of who's been checked.

Maybe advise that people who are new come find one of us as soon as they can when they get there, incase we find something that needs to be addressed they have time to fix it? I'd really hate for somebody to show up to the drivers meeting only to be turned down at the last minute.

When they get their registration give them a verbal checklist "make sure you have this this and this ready for inspection when you line up with your trail leader". I will also post a reminder on the forum now. It's been in the Important Info since the beginning.

Back