• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TDS Has Moved This Year...

Last time I talked to the Mayor he said its gonna be on the sea side this year

Last edited:
I have a couple of Mall crawlers going out. I just hope it isn't muddy.I hate cleaning mine after i get it muddy or dirty.Waxing the under carriage is a bitch.

Nothing better than the smell of rotting fish while jeeping. Think I might stay home and clean the bilge in my ocean boat that weekend.

Per TDS website...

West Shores Marina & RV Park / Johnson’s Landing Cafe
559 Sea Garden Ave
Thermal, CA 92274
Google Earth coordinates 33 19’ 44.79” N 115 56’ 48.59” W

http://www.tds4x4.com/54th-annual-desert-safari/

I believe this is the correct location... down near the landing strip at Johnson's Landing... basically down Palm Wash from N. Marina then hook right just before the Sea & you'll end up at the landing strip. I believe the official "run" will be to the N. up to & onto the Res. (I believe), not sure where staging will be.
From my understanding it's a pay to go on the run or you don't go theme... unlike in the past one could tag along if you wanted to.
Hell depending on the wind direction it might be fun to set up a E-Z Up * watch the idiots get stuck in the primordial ooze along the shore. :sunshine:

Peter TDS has moved several times over the last 5 decades... from Truckhaven to Ocotillo Wells both sides of S-22... and a few more spots in between.

Curt

Hell depending on the wind direction it might be fun to set up a E-Z Up * watch the idiots get stuck in the primordial ooze along the shore. :sunshine:
Curt

I can do this, I may even bring a chair to sit in.

We'll be out Saturday and Sunday. Just doing day runs. Maybe we'll see if curt, just look for the guy waving out the window.:)

So I heard today that the run, the "official run" is even off... time constraints with cultural & archaeological hoops is making it a no go...
Wheeling both N. & S. of S-22 is still OK, just no large organized events both in OWOHVA and Truckhaven... AND the Res. apparently...
It appears that the vendors are still setting up & the raffle still happening, but no official run.

I checked the TDS site & saw nothing... can someone get on Facebook and verify this... I'm Mr. 1978 and don't do the F.B thing...

Curt

Back