• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase tag

i am replaseing the whole thing its in really bad shape and i need to order the right one but quardratec only has a 21 spline for my year im guessing thats the 5 speed tranny not the auto

The Peugeot 5-speed was 21-spline, the AX-15 was 23.

For the AW4 auto, the earlier ones (until mid-1989 or mid-1990, I don't quite recall,) were 21-spline, then they went to 23-spline.

You're late enough that I just wouldn't worry about it - get the later 23-spline input. You may be just "short" enough that you can just swap the input gear on your unit into whatever replacement you get, so you can (probably) get a 21-spline as well. I don't recall when that break happened.

What's wrong with the case? May be easier (and cheaper!) to just rebuild it yourself...

polar_jeep_04 said:
chain, bearings, seals, cone is cracked, case it self i think is cracked if i thought i could i would

Fair enough - that was information I didn't have. Yeah, it's going to be easier to replace the thing, but I'd expect a reduced core deposit to be returned due to the damaged case. Just letting you know...

yeah i figured that that sucks the core is $150 but i did find a guy today that says hey can fix its using crown parts and keep it around 400 including parts and labor so i might go with that i hear there part arnt very good though ill just have to be easy on it i guess

he didnt some of the people on this fourm said they are cheap not quality im going to use them anyways i really need it working ASAP its really nice out and i cant go wheel

Back