• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tax time for students!

Another point: Those incarserated would be due large sums of money in the event of reversal of laws. I don't like it but it would be ventured.

I doubt that would be a problem for proper convictions. Difference between amnesty and a wrongful conviction. But even most wrongful convictions get nothing for the lost lives, at least here in Texas they don't get sh*t. We have had famous cases overturned on DNA evidence 20 years later on Death row convictions, and 20 years lost to falsified evidence (drug convictions) where they finally got released, and convictions reversed, and they did not get a dime, even though they and in some cases their families lost everything to DEA siezures and attorney costs.

Both! Logan's Run was where they committed suicide at age 30 (or was it 39?) as population control to be "Reborn" LOL!party1:

Judge Dred was " I AM THE LAW!"

I'm pretty sure it was at 30 - I was too fixated on Jenny Agutter to pay much attention to anything else...

Long-term memory is fine - it's short-term memory that's boned. And, it's very difficult for me to get something transferred into long-term memory anymore, which is the root cause of the learning disability and memory dysfunction I now have (I manage to work around that with medical issues, but that's about it. Yeah, I tried to figure out how I do it, but I'm not getting anywhere so far.

(The other psychological problem is that I simply cannot maintain a regular circadian cycle. And, to make things worse, sleeping pills do not work - we've tried. Oops.

Then the question becomes when should moral, reasonable people disobey the law, or fight the law or change the law (or defend the law for that matter). Sometimes one must disobey the law, such as civil disobedience to force changes in the law, to create public awareness and outrage, because the law sometimes tries to protect itself (with help from the few who seek power and control over everyone else) by outlawing challenges or changes to itself.

You are absolutely correct. Write politicians, get the local media involved, get studies to show how stupid all these laws are. I'm all for it. But when its all said and done and the sun goes down, if the law hasn't been changed, its still against the law to use these drugs. Every person makes the conscious decision to break the law and use them.

EcoMike said:
Nazi Germany did not start with Genocide, it started with the creation of a police state, and with new laws that took away the rights and possessions, jobs, the right to work of the targets, and created laws that took away the right to even object to their loss of a voice for those that were targeted (Jews for one, also communists, Gypsys, etc.), much like I fear we are, and have been headed for here, by creating common enemies of the state, scape goats to turn and re-focus the publics anger on over the past failures of the state. They were singled out and persecuted using a misuse of the law and abuse of power by those that had taken control of the law. The Nazi rise to power took a good 10 years or more before the genocide began.

Yep they did all that, but all the trial revolved around one war crime, genocide.

Ecomike said:
Look at this way, would you rather take a chance on your kids trying drugs and ending up with a drug problem, or injury (not that any law is going to stop kids from doing and trying stupid sh*t) because the drugs were decriminalized (but keep in mind, education as to the REAL risks of drug abuse is the best true detterance!), or would you rather risk their getting caught on a possession charge because someone they gave a ride too dropped something out of a bag or pocket in your kids car by accident (or on purpose when they saw the cops bubble gum machine go off) , or because they decided to be stupid and try some weed, or other illegal drug, and thus ended up a felon for life, and in jail for 20 plus years?

See now that is a good point, to me at least. I've got an SOB in the oven right now, so I've got a little bit of time. I hope that he has enough sense and that I've taught him well enough to understand and accept the consiquences(sp) of his and his friends actions.
Far to often I see PVTs coming into service today not understand that what they do directly effects not only themselves but all there squad and platoon battle buddies. If there is one thing I hope to pass onto my son is that he needs to always be responsible to his actions, right or wrong.

But then again I don't know, I'd probably get him a good lawyer.

EcoMike said:
Making these drugs illegal gives them a mystique that attracts young kids, decriminalizing them in combination with a public campaign to educate kids about the dangers of drug, & alcohol abuse, along with helping addicts dry out, and using those reformed addicts as spokespeople to youth groups to warn kids with real life stories, is the positive way to solve many of the problems the drug war has simply made worse.

I second this motion

You guys lost me on Logan's Run. When was that from?

I had to look up more information on it myself. 1976, Michael York and Jenny Agutter as leads. Not a bad movie - check it out sometime. Hell, you can probably find it in the Bargain Bin if you're willing to look just a bit...

I'm pretty sure it was at 30 - I was too fixated on Jenny Agutter to pay much attention to anything else...

Long-term memory is fine - it's short-term memory that's boned. And, it's very difficult for me to get something transferred into long-term memory anymore, which is the root cause of the learning disability and memory dysfunction I now have (I manage to work around that with medical issues, but that's about it. Yeah, I tried to figure out how I do it, but I'm not getting anywhere so far.

(The other psychological problem is that I simply cannot maintain a regular circadian cycle. And, to make things worse, sleeping pills do not work - we've tried. Oops.

Have you tried taking lots of concentrated Choline, like triple Lethicin for the memory problem? Or tried Acetyl-L-Carnitine? Both over the counter vitamin supplements.

Have you tried taking lots of concentrated Choline, like triple Lethicin for the memory problem? Or tried Acetyl-L-Carnitine? Both over the counter vitamin supplements.

Hm. I've been consulting with a neurologist anyhow (between the memory dysfunction and the headache I've had for the last eighteen months, I'm not a happy camper...) and she's done blood work and MRI - no anatomical or chemical cause that she can find (granted, we haven't done a PET scan, a high-resolution CT, ... Wouldn't bother me any - I usually end up trying to take a ten-minute nap in the tube anyhow. I don't care.)

I may have to think about those, and see if they have any result. Might take me a while to get to it tho - we've been getting clobbered with incidental medical expenses for the last little while (and the last little adventure to OK resulted in a small bag coming back with her - and a big box of stuff getting shipped back. Two weeks after she got back here. By geriatric camel. With various medical supplies in it, that we had to replace out-of-pocket. Grrr....)

I had to look up more information on it myself. 1976, Michael York and Jenny Agutter as leads. Not a bad movie - check it out sometime. Hell, you can probably find it in the Bargain Bin if you're willing to look just a bit...

Netflix baby. I'm kinda surprised its that old and not in the instant section.

They are not that expensive. A huge bottle of horse sized (LOL) lecithin caps is under $5, Lecithin granules (3X!) is about $7 for a quart at a health food store! Just sprinkle a teaspoon (or tablespoon) on a food dish, tastes great! The one I have here is all natural Soy Lecithin, which contains natural Phosphatidyl Choline, and Phosphatidyl Inositol. Choline and Inositol are critical to short term memory storage. The brain makes Acytl-Choline out of other Choline compounds, and uses it to store short term memory. They are denatured (which makes they useless) in the cooking, and food preparation steps common to our food supplies today.

I was able to read 100 pages a day of hard core Chemical and Chemical engineering text book stuff, and have total recall for quizzes the next day while taking these.

You might also be suffering from B vitamin deficiencies, nerves, head aches, too much prescription stuff in your diet, and too much stress from MIL issues! Try a B-50 Complex tablet twice a day and see if the headaches and tension don't ease up a bunch! Also about $4 a bottle for month supply. B vitamins are also quickly denatured (made useless) by cooking and freezing processes!!!!!

Those 2 supplements allowed me to make it through a brutal family separation, near bankruptcy, near loss of my house in foreclosure, depression from the above (all with out seeing a doctor for 10 years!!!!), working full time, and doing a full time Chemical Engineering degree while in my late 30's. They even helped me keep my odd sense of humor through it all, and I was one of 2 students out over 300 at U of H that survived the major weed out course in my first engineering class at U of H, while my life was falling apart.

By the way, the B-50, is like 5000% of the MDR, and the MDR is the Minimum Daily Required dose required to sustain life, for B vitamins. But the B vitamins get consumed at accelerated, exponential rates when under stress, poor diet, and while taking too many prescription drugs, etc. So don't go buying some worthless dosages of B vitamins less than B-50 Complex. You don't run crude oil, or diesel in a race engine, so don't waist money on something like one-day-vitamins, they barely contain enough dosage of B vitamins to sustain a vegetative state human. Same goes for all the other all in one single daily vitamins on the market.

I do take several other vitamins, I could write a PhD thesis on the topic, but those are the 2 products that would do you the most good in just a few days. I am 54 now, and I have managed to avoid doctors for 13 years now since starting my own vitamin program, except for an antibiotic prescription for a lung infection twice, in the last 3 years.

Almost forgot, I had advanced arthritis at 30 including my knees, an attack of gout at 41, and I was tired all the time with borderline hypoglycemia, all were totally reversed with a diet change (no more Cokes for one thing) and a carefully researched and self tested vitamin supplement program.

Netflix baby. I'm kinda surprised its that old and not in the instant section.

I have seen it in the Walmart bargin bin, $5 lately.

Back