• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taurus SHO - Gen II

Stay away from the Gen 2s and 3s. You dont want an auto tranny in those. If you can find a 91 SHO+. comes with small "extras" like fiberglass "humped" hood and color better wheels. They also have the best options on the manual tranny. like Rod linkage and leather wrapped wheel and shifter. JMO. If you have any specific questions you can PM me. I had a "thing" with those things for a while.

Matt

Scrappy said:
Stay away from the Gen 2s and 3s. You dont want an auto tranny in those. If you can find a 91 SHO+. comes with small "extras" like fiberglass "humped" hood and color better wheels. They also have the best options on the manual tranny. like Rod linkage and leather wrapped wheel and shifter. JMO. If you have any specific questions you can PM me. I had a "thing" with those things for a while.

Matt

x2
The originals, with the Yamaha head V6 were rated at 220, conservatively.
HTH.

This one is a 93, Yamaha aspirated V6. It is an auto, but has been babied since it was bought new. I used to drive by the dealership and drewl over it and then this guy bought it.

It is white, with color coded wheels, and grey leather.

Thanks for the info.

Yea... dont buy it. Find a 89 to 91 with uner 50 k. that way you get some time before doing the expensive jobs!

220 hp is VERY conservative. Throw some underdrive pullies, cold air, maf, tb, reruite some colling system lines, and rod linkage the tranny. You might pee your self with disbelief! Built a twin turbo one a few years back. went into a 88' LX 'stang. I prayed before I went for a drive!

Matt

Had a 94 (not sure what gen that is ). Liked everything about it, only thing I could knock is that it sucked gas like a pro mod car, but you can expect that from any larger car with that much power.

I have a 95' with the 5 speed and am kind of a sho freak. It really depends on how "babied" this car really was and how many miles it has. Those SHO engines can go a very long time with proper maintainence, but unfortunetly the automatic cars had notoriously weak transmissions. 93' was the first year of the automatic and the most problem prone. It will need a computer from a later model like a 94 or 95, with a revised shift program, and a transmission cooler. Not hard stuff to do. It all depends on the condition of the car, and if the transmission slips or hesitates.

Also the those engines call for very specific maintainence intervals of 60K miles, which is composed of waterpump, some misc. sensores and most importantly a valve lash adjustment. Most likely the car has over 60K miles, and the most obvious way to check for if its had its 60K mile checkup is to pull a spark plug wire and see if there is oil in the plug wells. If there is oil in the plug wells then it most likely never had its 60K mile tuneup.

SHOs are very nice cars and can be very reliable if taken care of, and they can be made to be VERY fast. I know of more than a few 400+ hp cars running around that eat corvettes.

Check out www.Shoforum.com , lots of friendly people and tons of info.

I think its funny how all you self=proclaimed sho-freaks are so carful to watch and make sure its been babied. What kind of car is only worth something if it has less then 50K and has been babied. OH must be a ford. :laugh3:
Personaly I like cars that I know can be taken out...beat to death and I KNOW will still make it another 100K.

DrMoab said:
I think its funny how all you self=proclaimed sho-freaks are so carful to watch and make sure its been babied. What kind of car is only worth something if it has less then 50K and has been babied. OH must be a ford. :laugh3:
Personaly I like cars that I know can be taken out...beat to death and I KNOW will still make it another 100K.

Must be a 911.

I friggin totaled mine :rattle:
82304+131m.jpg

82304+129m.jpg

82304+127m.jpg

Back