• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taurus cooling fan questions.

outracing

NAXJA Forum User
Okay everyone, so I have decided to upgrade my cooling system with a Ford Taurus 2 speed electric fan. The question that is I have is how do I control both the low and high speed? I see lots of write ups where they explain how to wire the switch, but where I am getting confused is when I look at the switches, it says "controls two speed fan or two fans". I thought that it would engage the low speed at about 180 degrees, and then at 210 the high would come on by engaging in addition to the low speed. I have found that if both the high and low are engaged together, it runs on low speed only. Does anyone know of a switch that I can stick the probe in the radiator, wire up my fan and have it only engage the high OR low speed? Part numbers or links would be the most helpful. Thanks a lot for all your help.

never used it, but this piece looks pretty good
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....ategory_id=-1/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd852.htm

I just wired the 2 speeds to a 3 position switch ON-OFF-ON
ON = high speed
OFF
ON = low speed
with one of those safety covers that when flipped down flip the switch to the bottom ON, also an in-line temp switch so at the default ON, if the temps were high enough it would activate the low speed. Only time I ever switched it to high speed was if I noticed the temps get too high... and that only happened one time AFTER a water crossing and I had switched the fan OFF and forgot to turn it back on.

for the most part, low speed will cool things down enough on it's own.
you don't want both speeds powered at the same time

Back