• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taking the wife....she don't wheel....

XJumpmaster said:
My wife, Tamara, won't be down until Thursday or Friday. They can hang together, if she doesn't mind hangin with a 10 mo. old kid too!

The wife loves babies!
I'm thinking the best bet is to take her on a smooth dirt road sight seeing trip first...then progressively work her to some of the more fun runs.
It looks like she wants to take the motor home, that way she has a place for the dogs...

Jump This said:
The wife loves babies!
I'm thinking the best bet is to take her on a smooth dirt road sight seeing trip first...then progressively work her to some of the more fun runs.
It looks like she wants to take the motor home, that way she has a place for the dogs...
Let her drive.

Worked for me.

Now it seems I am more camera guy then driver.

DrMoab said:
Let her drive.

Worked for me.

Now it seems I am more camera guy then driver.

I'm in the same situation.She'll probably drive almost as much as me.It doesn't look like I'll have her rig done ($$$) so we'll have to continue to share mine.:( :D

Jump This said:
I have almost convinced the wife to make it out for this trip. I have planned a ten day run.
As the title say, she don't wheel, doesn't like it much at all (she is not into the heart beating thrill factor I'm addicted to.)
I have shown her some pictures of the area (thanks to all who have been there before.)
What are some of the 'other' attractions to Moab?
She likes a good bar as much as anyone else...is there a must see beer joint?
Nice dinner spot (I'm talking real nice...) ?
Anyone elses wifes coming too who might want a day off when we are out doing the tougher runs?
What ya' think?

Rick

Moab has everykind of stuff for the none jeep person River stuff,hikin,bike stuff,Art/craft stuff,rock climin,beer drinkin,property sales,explorin, etc.etc. what else do ya want......SANTA

my future wife comes every time, and she LOVES it!, the mud, big bumps, and the hills. she even doesnt mind if the jeep goes upside down,(just as long as theres no rolling over and over). shes even stayed in when theres a foot of water on the floor!!

4xSanta said:
Moab has everykind of stuff for the none jeep person River stuff,hikin,bike stuff,Art/craft stuff,rock climin,beer drinkin,property sales,explorin, etc.etc. what else do ya want......SANTA

I know she will have a great time.....and don't give her any ideas on buying more damn property....

I'd be willing to give up a day of co-piloting to cruise around town. I'll have my Tacoma Prerunner for transportation so we can make a day of it pretty easy. I have been to Moab several times and know my way around there pretty well.

Ron and I are camping at slickrock, space 86 I think. Look me up so we can coordinate a day.

~~Ardis

What are some of the 'other' attractions to Moab?

Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Arches is a must see. For kitchy, Hole in the Rock. About 12-20 miles south of Moab, just shy of the entrance to Area BFE. Great tourist attraction.

She likes a good bar as much as anyone else...is there a must see beer joint?

The Brewery and Eddie McStiffs. Brewery is better. Eddie's has a whole shopping center.

Nice dinner spot (I'm talking real nice...) ?

Sunset Grill is the nicest restaurant in town. Unquestionably has the best view. Go close to sunset.

Anyone elses wifes coming too who might want a day off when we are out doing the tougher runs?

Michaelle will arrive Wednesday. She'll join me for a run on Thursday but I plan on working on the photo show most all of Friday so they can borrow my Jeep if you want to wheel.

Back