• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

takes a while to start ?

90Pioneer said:
It seems to me you're the only one who's made any insults.

No I sold my '90 two months ago. Yes, it was Renix. Yes I know the difference. I have also been around several other Renix era XJs and none of them took 7 seconds to fire up. So I would say you’re either exaggerating, or your XJ has some type of problem.

By crazy I was referring to the amount of time, not to you or your character. May I suggest untwisting your panties?

Yes, I'm wrong about AROUND 7 seconds. In the interest of sharing accurate information I tried it today with a stopwatch and it was about 4 seconds cranking time before Renix fired the ignition/fuel system. Subsequent starts were much quicker and AROUND 1-2 seconds.

I'm sorry for my testy reply and I hope you can understand that to some people "crazy" isn't a kind term. I accept your explanation that it wasn't directed towards anyone in particular and I hope you accept my apology.

Good luck with your XJ and thank you for volunteering your help to others.

I've got a 90 XJ 4.0 and I've had big-block Chevelle's that started faster!
Currently,it's not starting at all due to lack of spark.. But I've already posted that issue...

change your fuel pump I have a 90 xj i recently bought and it took a vey long time to crank i did all the normal tune up stuff still cranked a long time

i changed my fuel pump and its like night and day all it cost me was 65 bucks from a local parts store the only problem i had was getting that damn lock ring back in place but it was fairly easy overall

Back