• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T case drop

Bleepin jeep saved the day. Think I'm going to take the t case out though. It's very cold up here I dont want to do this outside

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So in the directions I should be looking at the bearings right now. Instead I'm looking at this mess and it doesnt allow the cover to slide off. I'm not sure what I'm looking at here
2b0fe333793374ab437ae2194c425364.jpg

Next you have to pull the seal to get to the next snap-ring.

Any addevice for removing the front axle yoke? That 1-1/8 but is so tight its broken 3 tools

Put a large pipe wrench on the yoke to hold the yoke and use the biggest breaker bar you have with a cheater pipe.

Why does the front yoke need to come off? Are you replacing the seal or bearing? I have used a yoke holder with a breaker bar and pipe or a pipe wrench with a pipe plus either an impact or breaker bar/24" ratchet.

Why does the front yoke need to come off? Are you replacing the seal or bearing? I have used a yoke holder with a breaker bar and pipe or a pipe wrench with a pipe plus either an impact or breaker bar/24" ratchet.
I have to remove them both at the same time in order to swap shaft and gears on the rear wheel side.

The pump can't get "off-center" since it is splined to the main shaft and runs on a seal surface for the pump seal.

OP, don't forget about the 1-1/8" nuts on the yokes.

There is enough slop that if RTV gets behind the tabs the seal will wear out! I saw this when I opened up my transfer case for the first time.

Borrowed an electric impact and it worked. Transfer case is out and gears are switched to the new shaft. Any gasket maker fine? Directions dont say anything about certain ones having problems. I think mines permatex blue in color

Back