• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SWAPING D35 TO CORP 8.25, WHAT TO DO

What size are your ubolts??
the d-35 spring plates will work on a c8.25 as long as the ubolts are 3/8" diameter.They will not work with any ubolt bigger than that....such as 1/2"

The holes on my D35 spring plates were too close together for the U-bolt ends to both fit through easily. You could probably get it to work, I just went and got the right ones.

outlander said:
you don't have to get it to work.....the 3/8" ubolts fit without modification....sounds like you have the 1/2" bolts....

All 4 of my XJ's have 1/2" U-bolts with a 20 thread-per-inch thread count, from the factory. I have done the d-35 to 8.25 swap and the U-bolt plates can be used for both axles. The holes in the plates are elongated to allow for either of the axle tube diameters.

hmmm...I tried to use the spring plates with 1/2" ubolts I got from my local parts store.I guess I didn't squeeze them hard enough...I have 3/8 ubolts I got from a member on here that came from an 8.25 and they fit well with the tirdy-five plates.

Back