• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake 2014

I'll be at the camp in Dinky Creek tonight sometime, not sure when I'll get there. We'll leave Fri morning 8:00/8:30. There is a decent outhouse at the ranger station on Dinky Creek Road, past where we turn off to cross the bridge. We'll likely drive over to use the facility in the morning and leave from the ranger station parking lot.

crappy.....that is why I carry two spares and sometimes a third

Looking forward to your trip report. let me know if anything needs attention, we already had a tree fall across the trail on Dusy Ershim since we cleared the trail.

It was a great trip, trail was awesome, camping was beautiful, I will post my pictures later today

:thumbup:

Sorry I missed it :(

What a great time. It went by soo friken fast! Myself and Nimrod and a friend drove in Thursday morning hit the trail a little after ten. Trail was in good condition and there was one freshly fallen tree. It was a bit rotten, so we were able to drive over/ through it. we made it to grouse lake at a little after 2. My friend took some pics and headed back out so it was just my family and Nimrod and his son at the lake. In the evening there was some great thunder booms, and at about 8pm it started sprinkling. As I was taking pics it really started coming down. hoped in the tent with my 3 daughters and found that my tent was NOT water proof! jumped back out and pulled the tarp from below the tent and strapped it above the tent. All was good after that. The storm hammered us with thunder, rain, lightning and hail for about 2 hours. My kids enjoyed being out in the elements.

The next day it was nice and clear and we enjoyed the place to ourselves until about 1 when Goatman and about 5 other rigs rolled in. They set up their camps and we all hung out for the remainder of the weekend. Weather was great and the bugs were pretty much non-existent. It was pretty un-eventful… until some guy rolled his kayak in the lake and lost his glasses.

We pulled out of camp around 11am and had one cut tire. I got back to my trailer at Dinkey Creek about 5pm and home a little after 8pm. Was a really great time, and I hope more of you can make it out there next year. I'll throw some pics up in a bit.

u9upyzet.jpg
y6ypunu6.jpg
syvejege.jpg

Nice.....with that rain storm I think I am glad I didn't make it with the buggy :/

Back