• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension upgrades/tuning

Avery do you know the sping rate of the Skyjacker coils and Deaver progressive coils?

Search for it as it is here some where. I think Andy (Crash) posted them years back. I seem to recall the skyjackers 220-240 though.

FWIW, it was the Skyjacker (8's) that the old BOTW crew mostly ran back in the day. They were the best for both worlds (high speed and rocks).

EDIT:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87497

Andy says 235-240

For the record, I was not suggesting getting rid of drop brackets, just RC stuff. RE's drop brackets will hold up before the unibody does. He can also fab up his own. Also, what do you mean by the up travel comment?

Of course uptravel is good. However, more uptravel is usually better the fast you go. After seeing his rig, Im not sure uptravel is the issue.

he was talking about ditching the shackle relocation brackets in the rear, not the Drop Bracketss in the front. I don't think that is going to help his ride characteristics at all.

as far as the uptravel. the more room your suspension has to move up, the easier it is going to be to take larger bumps at higher speeds.

I just picked up a set of currie 4" progressives, Blaine and I did some quick math over the phone and it looks like they will fall somewhere in the 190-210 range. I'm hoping they ride a little better than my RE 3.5"s and give me roughly the same lift. haven't installed them yet, will report back when I do.

He has DBs... which should give him the same ride quality as long arms.

he was talking about ditching the shackle relocation brackets in the rear, not the Drop Bracketss in the front. I don't think that is going to help his ride characteristics at all.

as far as the uptravel. the more room your suspension has to move up, the easier it is going to be to take larger bumps at higher speeds.

Ok.

I think we're on the same page, just missing each other.

E

Alright, gonna try new coils and leaf liners, then go from there.
I wanted to ditch the shackle brackets, because they make my rig stinkbug. Maybe I should do my high speed stuff in reverse, maybe import a french transmission

Alright, gonna try new coils and leaf liners, then go from there.
I wanted to ditch the shackle brackets, because they make my rig stinkbug. Maybe I should do my high speed stuff in reverse, maybe import a french transmission

Get the front where you want it before you ditch them. In theory, you should only be getting about 1" of lift from them.. or you need to move your shackle to a further forward bolt hole.

I'm on board with everyone else here. Get some Deaver coils, and then follow those up with some 7100 shocks for the front. I'd start at 275/78, and then you can adjust the valving from there depending what you need.

Once you get the front to that point (as its a proven formula a lot of us run), start screwing with the rear to balance it out.

Back