• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

superchips or hypertech programmer

1sicto

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1997 xj (of course) just done lift,tires,gears,etc & getting a programmer is next. I was looking into superchips but they dont support 97 says it want read? So my question is just go with hypertech that works with lower hp/tq ratings,or is there a way to swap cpu to 98(easily) or a way around this issue?

Just k&n air intake & exhaust. The only thing i want is for everything to be right,speedo,shift points,air/fuel,etc any info helps ty

speed is calibrated through the t case speedo gear. swapping gears is probably the only way to fix that.
I don't have a link off hand. try google. I used a tuner named Flyin Ryan. his canned tune sound like it would work best for you.

Ok Flyin Ryan(tge tuner)has been spotted in other forums! I really just need to get info on what sct scanner i need? I am lost in this catagory:huh:

Just k&n air intake & exhaust. The only thing i want is for everything to be right,speedo,shift points,air/fuel,etc any info helps ty

Get a new speedo gear if you changed tires or gears and leave the rest alone. You're not modded enough to have impacted the other stuff if all you've done is what you listed

Do one of the dry filters. The oil from the K/Ns comes off the filter and builds up around the throttle body.
What I've done to mine in the past. Flowmaster or magna flow muffler. Low restriction air intake. Had the lip in the throttle body removed. Upgrade injectors. Not a fan a programers.

Finishing up a tune with Ryan Hogan right now as well. I have done 2 1/2 exhaust, apn header, injectors, aftermarket cat and muffler, bored throttle body, k & n intake and with tune from Ryan picked up an extra 35 hp to the wheels as well a couple of mpg.

Finishing up a tune with Ryan Hogan right now as well. I have done 2 1/2 exhaust, apn header, injectors, aftermarket cat and muffler, bored throttle body, k & n intake and with tune from Ryan picked up an extra 35 hp to the wheels as well a couple of mpg.

Post the dyno sheet

So no programmer or programmer? Im not against buying other upgrades that will increase hp/tq,mpg,etc or both if thays what it takes...

I wouldn't bother with a tuner on the 4.0. Save the money for something else.

I am running an AFE full cold air on my rig right now and I like it, as well as a flowmaster muffler dumped at the axle. 60mm throttle body that I bored at home, 4 hole injectors. Runs smooth and accelerates nicely.

If you want REAL power, get a stroker. The 4.0 isn't a good platform for bolt ons.

Ok cool thanks all for info! I will upgrade injectors already have exaust & air covered. What 4 hole injecters recommended & i tried a tb spacer but want fit with k&n air so where is best place to aquire throttle body? I guess at the end of its 1st life i will go 4.6 or 4.7 but for now its still strong.

Back