• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super quick question before I head out the door to the Junkyard. 99+ intake Question.

Silent said:
That is good. Ok, So I have the intake. IF I do not what to cut anything the only thing I need to get is the 97+ ps bracket and the pulley, is that right. I am not sure. GOJEEP cut his brackets. So, I cannot use his example, atleast that part of it. Any suggestions or write-ups on this?

Thanks,
Silent
Look here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62480
My comments start on post 12.

Kyung

BBeach said:
Anyone need one? Ive got one in my room ;) On a side note, someone just bought one for $260 on ebay...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP...474QQitemZ330099369036QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I wish i put mine up earlier :( .

I think that was a scam of some sort. i was the high bidder at$100 when i signed off and went to bed,and i wake up for the evening,and it was won at $260,but only 2 more bids happened since i signed off. the person that won the auction had just signed up and it was their 1st time bidding on an auction the average they are going for is around $100.

Watch your email for a second chance offer for the item. People will create a fake account and jack up the bid, then offer it for your max bid plus some on a second chance offer.

cjben said:
I think that was a scam of some sort. i was the high bidder at$100 when i signed off and went to bed,and i wake up for the evening,and it was won at $260,but only 2 more bids happened since i signed off. the person that won the auction had just signed up and it was their 1st time bidding on an auction the average they are going for is around $100.

Re: Super quick question before I head out the door to the Junkyard. 99+ intake Question.

yea 260 is wayyyyyy to much.

Re: Super quick question before I head out the door to the Junkyard. 99+ intake Question.

Is there any special tricks or recomendations about hooking up the vacuum lines?

Also I got my intake from car-part.com for 90 shipped to my door.

Ken

Is there any special tricks or recomendations about hooking up the vacuum lines?

Also I got my intake from car-part.com for 90 shipped to my door.

Ken
Nothing special, just pay attention to what comes off and be prepared to grab a handful of tees and some extra line at the parts store. I just finished this swap (99 intake onto my 96) a couple days ago and cannot tell you what specific parts I used to hook up the vacuum, I just know that it's working after moving a couple sensors around and using creative bracketry to hold the lines.

The biggest wiring challenge was nothing more involved than cutting 220,000 mile old tape off the end of the loom to move my TPS sensor wire a little farther out than the former position near the throttle body.

96 intakes also had the "correct" power steering configuration to bolt up to the 99.

Still working on my writeup - it's going to be at http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/exhaust.html when I get done.

Edited to add: Way to go digging up an 18-month dead thread!! :thumbsup:
Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back